Firefox: Connection was reset : The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
May 9, 2010 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tengen

100+ Head-Fier
I have been getting this error message when using Firefox to load Head-Fi since the site went down on Wednesday. However, when I used Chrome, the forums load just fine. I had thought Head-Fi was down a few days but it seems to not be the case. Firefox loads all other websites without a problem.

Any suggestions / solutions?

May 11, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 3
I am having the same issue - in fact, I had no idea the site was back up until I just tried a non-firefox browser on a whim.  Sometimes I get a blank page, sometimes I get a page that simply says:

"400 Bad Request

nginx/0.7.65"

May 11, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
I am having the same issue - in fact, I had no idea the site was back up until I just tried a non-firefox browser on a whim.  Sometimes I get a blank page, sometimes I get a page that simply says:

"400 Bad Request

nginx/0.7.65"

Sorry about that.  I did some research based on your report, and was able to identify the errors you reported in our logs.  This issue doesn't appear to be terribly widespread -- it may be tied to certain plugins you have installed.

At any rate, I forwarded what you found to the engineering team, and our ops lead says he's encountered this before.  He's tweaked our configuration a bit to better cope with this situation, and he's monitoring our logs for similar errors.  Please let us know if you see this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back