Fire in San Fernando Valley, CA
Oct 13, 2008 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cantsleep

Headphoneus Supremus
2 dead, nearly 9,000 acres burned in two San Fernando Valley fires.

oh.. only 4miles from here.
hope they dont come all the over here
ph34r.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 9
Keep your bags packed and ready to go.

Sheesh, I wish my in laws would pay attention to maps. I live nowhere near the fires and they keep calling worried we'll be caught in the fire. It's just because it's big news.

Oct 14, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its packed already, just in case.

it seems like its been retained. ill be good unless something dramatic happens..

.....like someone in danger of losing their home through foreclosure....torching it.

A scary thought indeed. And an unfortunate thought to even consider.

Oct 14, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 9
Run to the store and buy a squirt gun. If you are really worried then get a Supersoaker.

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 9
I ended up evacuating my home some months ago after a fire around a quarter of a mile away from me was going on.You see fires on the news all the time but when you experience one and can see how fast they move it is totally different.

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 9
I used to live in the Porter Ranch area for years. My friend had to evacuate yesterday.

It is indeed a frightening thing to deal with.

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #8 of 9
Stay safe!
..and abandon the house before it get too dangerous.

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #9 of 9
It's eerie to see a fire and recognize where it is on the news from the helicopter footage.

There was a small fire nearby my home (less than 5 miles). Fortunately it was under control rather quickly, but it was close enough that I could clearly see the smoke. Had bags packed and ready to go, and watching the news to see how the fire was progressing. Modern media can actually be a good thing.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back