Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jun 11, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #6,496 of 6,736
I owned the A12t prior to M4. The A12t compared to the universal version I felt was a little smoother up top and had more bass qty and extension probably due to excellent seal I had. Compared to M4 I felt the A12t had more bass qty, but overall it can’t match the M4s dynamic impact. Overall I prefer the M4 bass for impact, great extension and it’s well controlled. Mids go to the M4 IMO and highs go to the A12t. The one issue I have with M4 is a peak in the highs that bothers me a little with some music. Didn’t experience that with A12t but remember thinking that the U12t was slightly brighter.
Would you say they complement each other? Or is it waste getting the u12t if you own the m4 already?

Jun 11, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #6,497 of 6,736
Spinfits CP100 are cool with the RN6.
Black atoms is the sweet spot For me.
Red is nice but bass has no impact.
silver too spicy for me.
Gold is just pure bass muscle and fun.
😉 I need to get trifecta to go with my radon6 now

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #6,498 of 6,736
😉 I need to get trifecta to go with my radon6 now
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Trifecta but almost everybody that told me about it mentioned cable rolling which is not my thing so I guess Xenon 6 is the way to go for me.

Fir audio has one of the best build quality I’ve ever seen man like their iems made with crazy attention to detail with tiny shells looking like jewelry bruh 😩

Jun 12, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #6,499 of 6,736
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Trifecta but almost everybody that told me about it mentioned cable rolling which is not my thing so I guess Xenon 6 is the way to go for me.

Fir audio has one of the best build quality I’ve ever seen man like their iems made with crazy attention to detail with tiny shells looking like jewelry bruh 😩
To those that like to cable roll and like to spend on cables, more power to you and glad you love the hobby. Some custom cables look amazing and I understand wanting to match in color and theme with the iem itself. My opinion, again, mine, you shouldn't feel you need to cable roll to go from 98-99% to 100%. You either like the iem or you don't, cables won't change that. Cable rolling may enhance what you like but won't make it magically your taste. I do recommend you try it out if you like rock music, blues, old tube amped speakers.

I will say though, between trifecta and rn6, I find myself swapping between the 2 depending on song and mood. The clarity I hear from the rn6 is insane and I thought my Andromedas were very detailed. I started hearing details I've never heard before and had to stop working briefly to take it all in. The upper highs when listening to some songs not being piercing and being articulate and actually enjoyable. I am having trouble getting the kinetic bass feeling in all the music I listen to, despite them being bass heavy purposefully (excision). I feel it sometimes but not enough where I can say it's having the impact as some reviews describe. Maybe tip rolling will help? I'll try spinfits as recommended.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #6,500 of 6,736
To those that like to cable roll and like to spend on cables, more power to you and glad you love the hobby. Some custom cables look amazing and I understand wanting to match in color and theme with the iem itself. My opinion, again, mine, you shouldn't feel you need to cable roll to go from 98-99% to 100%. You either like the iem or you don't, cables won't change that. Cable rolling may enhance what you like but won't make it magically your taste. I do recommend you try it out if you like rock music, blues, old tube amped speakers.

I will say though, between trifecta and rn6, I find myself swapping between the 2 depending on song and mood. The clarity I hear from the rn6 is insane and I thought my Andromedas were very detailed. I started hearing details I've never heard before and had to stop working briefly to take it all in. The upper highs when listening to some songs not being piercing and being articulate and actually enjoyable. I am having trouble getting the kinetic bass feeling in all the music I listen to, despite them being bass heavy purposefully (excision). I feel it sometimes but not enough where I can say it's having the impact as some reviews describe. Maybe tip rolling will help? I'll try spinfits as recommended.
Use Spinfit CP100 and don’t use the red atom as its linear when it comes to bass impact I’d recommend black for good impact with still great stage and air but If you are bass junkie then go straight to the gold.

The issue with the gold atom, RN6 will have so much mid bass impact to me that’s unnecessary for me is just too much when listening to bass heavy music you will definitely feel the impact but you Sacrifice some of the details and space in return.

Jun 12, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #6,501 of 6,736
Use Spinfit CP100 and don’t use the red atom as its linear when it comes to bass impact I’d recommend black for good impact with still great stage and air but If you are bass junkie then go straight to the gold.

The issue with the gold atom, RN6 will have so much mid bass impact to me that’s unnecessary for me is just too much when listening to bass heavy music you will definitely feel the impact but you Sacrifice some of the details and space in return.
Already ordered, thanks for your initial recommendation. Don't need it bass heavy as I want these more analytical. Honestly, loving both as a complementary set.

Jun 12, 2024 at 3:48 AM Post #6,502 of 6,736

I prefer the azla crystals with a half size down for the deep fit (detail on steroids).

As someone stated above, a not so deep/flush fit gave them more "space". That's what I experienced with the size up in the M. Even though the M fits and holds better (the MS slips out after a while from ear oils/drinking/talking) I can't go back 🤣.

Azla also upgraded their standard earfit which I haven't tried (I have too many Earfit lights collecting dust) which could be worth a go.

From what I remember back in the day with the CP360's (tws/short spinfits i used for long nozzle iems) they were bass enhancing and comfy, but there's better options (AET07 was the hype back in 2019 and we've got so many options now).

I also don't appreciate kinetic bass with electronic music as much as real instruments FWIW. That's why I swap iems for that duty (EDM).

Edit: yeah gold trades too much (closes the rn6 in too much, but if you dont have a Bass iem I could see the appeal) . Black is the goldilocks. I still prefer red for that wonderful space and contrast to the Evo. The Andro and Solaris and Mest mk2 can't keep up.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2024 at 4:03 AM Post #6,504 of 6,736
I prefer the azla crystals with a half size down for the deep fit (detail on steroids).

As someone stated above, a not so deep/flush fit gave them more "space". That's what I experienced with the size up in the M. Even though the M fits and holds better (the MS slips out after a while from ear oils/drinking/talking) I can't go back 🤣.

Azla also upgraded their standard earfit which I haven't tried (I have too many Earfit lights collecting dust) which could be worth a go.

From what I remember back in the day with the CP360's (tws/short spinfits i used for long nozzle iems) they were bass enhancing and comfy, but there's better options (AET07 was the hype back in 2019 and we've got so many options now).

I also don't appreciate kinetic bass with electronic music as much as real instruments FWIW. That's why I swap iems for that duty (EDM).

Edit: yeah gold trades too much (closes the rn6 in too much, but if you dont have a Bass iem I could see the appeal) . Black is the goldilocks. I still prefer red for that wonderful space and contrast to the Evo. The Andro and Solaris and Mest mk2 can't keep up.
When you told me about the azla crystals I ordered them in L but it turned out to be big , I may order a Medium size.

Red is too reference type of listen and boring for me where the black is hits harder bass is much better, and when it’s too cold I know the gold atom will warm me like a blanket.

Who knows once I get a super bassy iem I will go back to the red maybe. Right now I’m chilling with the black and gold. 🌚🔊

Jun 12, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #6,505 of 6,736
When you told me about the azla crystals I ordered them in L but it turned out to be big , I may order a Medium size.

Red is too reference type of listen and boring for me where the black is hits harder bass is much better, and when it’s too cold I know the gold atom will warm me like a blanket.

Who knows once I get a super bassy iem I will go back to the red maybe. Right now I’m chilling with the black and gold. 🌚🔊
I burned a pair of Xelastecs like that 🤭 always gotta go a half size smaller than you think with them (just their sticky tips for whatever reason despite measurements) . Unfortunately for you there is a ML 🤣 hopefully M are good. Sometimes there's half packs 1xM 1xML (pairs) for in between on Amazon.
(The seller sends you a cut in half with scissors tray in a soft side bubble pack)

Jun 12, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #6,506 of 6,736

After investing heavily in a universal Xe6 and Rn6, I do wish I had gone custom. I perceive the sound as regularly inconsistent. That is to say sometimes it's excellent and sometimes not.

My overall feeling is that the universals are more catered towards people with smaller ears. Even with a shallow fit my tragus is covering the Atom module. Which as @bogdan belonozhko mentioned - if your ear anatomy covers the port the atom module technology is not working as intended. I guess it would be like using gold filter and some. In addition using a shallower fit means your ear is further away from kinetic bass driver.

So frankly I've made a error. I could sell and make a huge loss or live with an inconsistent sound. I do still think they're the best iems I've ever used and highly recommend them but go custom if you can. The kinetic bass and atom module technology literally hinges on you getting a good fit otherwise you're not achieving the full potential of what these iems have to offer.

Jun 12, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #6,507 of 6,736
After investing heavily in a universal Xe6 and Rn6, I do wish I had gone custom. I perceive the sound as regularly inconsistent. That is to say sometimes it's excellent and sometimes not.

My overall feeling is that the universals are more catered towards people with smaller ears. Even with a shallow fit my tragus is covering the Atom module. Which as @bogdan belonozhko mentioned - if your ear anatomy covers the port the atom module technology is not working as intended. I guess it would be like using gold filter and some. In addition using a shallower fit means your ear is further away from kinetic bass driver.

So frankly I've made an error. I could sell and make a huge loss or live with an inconsistent sound. I do still think they're the best iems I've ever used and highly recommend them but go custom if you can. The kinetic bass and atom module technology literally hinges on you getting a good fit otherwise you're not achieving the full potential of what these iems have to offer.
Try tip rolling stock tips the iem will fall out of my ear but with large spinfits CP100 I can lay down and they are still in held in tightly into my ears.

Also, you can make them customs but I think it will cost around $900. The issue is how do I know my ear shape won’t change over time that’s why I’m chilling with universals and down the road I could always send them back to make the CIEMs.

Jun 12, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #6,508 of 6,736
Try tip rolling stock tips the iem will fall out of my ear but with large spinfits CP100 I can lay down and they are still in held in tightly into my ears.

Also, you can make them customs but I think it will cost around $900. The issue is how do I know my ear shape won’t change over time that’s why I’m chilling with universals and down the road I could always send them back to make the CIEMs.
I asked Fir Audio if they can covert universals to custom and they said they don't do that anymore. Perhaps @bogdan belonozhko could clarify for everyone?

Also to note customs get a much longer warranty period - 3 years I believe as opposed to 1 with universals.

Jun 12, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #6,509 of 6,736
Just to mention I have dozens of tips. It's not that I can't get a good seal. My ear anatomy covers the atom module unless I use a shallow fit and annoyingly shallow fit means the kinetic bass driver is further away from my ear. Hence the inconsistent sound in my case.

Jun 12, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #6,510 of 6,736
Just to mention I have dozens of tips. It's not that I can't get a good seal. My ear anatomy covers the atom module unless I use a shallow fit and annoyingly shallow fit means the kinetic bass driver is further away from my ear. Hence the inconsistent sound in my case.
I get you for me shallow fit sounds good still and stick them in properly my ear doesn’t cover the acoustic port I actually though that the port needed to be covered by inner ear.

Yea but if I were you I’d buy CIEMs and sell the universals specially if they are in a mint condition no scratches near the Kintetic port where the name of the iem is written along with the serial number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back