finished my very first build..A47
Jan 23, 2006 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

brian183

100+ Head-Fier
Finished my first amp project A47 and I must say am very pleased with the results. First thing I noticed (while using my MS1's) is impact in the low end is increased significantly. My gilmore lite can't even get my MS1's with this kind of impact. I guess the best way to describe it is it's much more aggressive than the gilmore but it's not very fatigueing. I used the OPA2132 but I plan on doin some rolling in the future. For the enclosure I tried using a mint tin but it didnt work out well so instead I used a small plastic mini disc container. The case is a little thick but it's still small enough to fit in my pocket/bag. Anyway, I'll post some pics tomorrow but right now I gotta some more listening. Thanks to headfi for the motivation
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 6
Here are the pics
attachment.php

attachment.php

The stereo jack for the input gets in the way of the the input cap so thats why the pot isnt sticking all the way out. It's out far enough to use but I cant fit a knob on it. Besides that, it's pretty sweet.

Jan 24, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 6
Neat, looking to build an a47 next (glad to hear it sounds nice with the ms1s. You might have wanted to not attach the pot to the board though and jsut wired it for the sake of panel mounting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back