Finished JISBOS, Need someone to look at my Pics to see if it's right.
Mar 17, 2008 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

strangedaze39

Member of the Trade: HeadCoverage
If anyone knows where to get a Hi Res JISBOS pic, or has one that I could refer to during assembly I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT:
NVM I just gave it a go, took a little time figuring things out with just a schematic and part list, but I feel like it went pretty smoothing.

If you guys could take a look at the boards and tell me if you see anything out of place or wrong I really need that done before I install it to my SOHA.

Thank you, really appreciate your time
smily_headphones1.gif

Pics:

Mar 17, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 23
Thanks AMB just edited my above post. Could you please take a look at it real quick and see if you notice anything wrong ? Thanks for your time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 23
R11/R12 are not populated?
I can't tell if the output transistors Q5/Q6 are oriented correctly in your photo, but their label-side should face the center of the board.

Mar 17, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 23
Duh yeah sorry forgot to mention the R12 and 11 weren't in yet. But besides that everything else is in. Q5 and Q6 are facing inwards.

I was mostly worried about the Capacitors for no reason really. Does C4 and C3 look correct ? C3 is installed on the upper 2 holes if your looking at the pic you posted above.

Thank you so much for that made me feel a lot better about putting it in I will put it in soon. Do you have a certain method of installing it to my SOHA ?

Mar 17, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #8 of 23
Is it really important to have heat-sinks on Q5/Q6, I currently don't have any, if I should really have some could someone recommend one ? If it matters I'm going to throw it in my SOHA Hammond case thats 12x16x2 roughly. Thank you.

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #10 of 23
Since BJTs have positive temperature coefficient, it would be much easier to adjust the bias if you have heatsinks on the output transistors.

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #11 of 23
I set mine to idle at 30 ma and used the heatsinks, but they are only slightly warm and could easily be removed without problem. I cannot speak to the matter if the Jisbos were placed in a small case, but either a thread or the Jisbos assembly site said 30 ma without heatsinks was OK.

F

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #12 of 23
Quick question, I had trying to hook it up to the SOHA, and honestly it's really frustrating. I used this method.....

alternative (perhaps superior) way of hooking up the JISBOS to the SOHA

The headphone jack ground is connected to SOHA's OG pad, but its left and right tabs are wired to the left and right JISBOS output pads.
Jumper the SOHA opamp socket so that it's pass-through: Install one jumper across pins 3 and 1 (R channel), another jumper across pins 5 and 7 (L channel).
Run wires from SOHA OL and OR pads to the JISBOS inputs.
The JISBOS V+, V- and output ground are wired as described in the original scheme above. Leave JISBOS input ground unconnected as before.
You can leave the SOHA R6 and R16 output resistors at 150Ω, or jumper them. It makes little difference because these resistors will now be in series with 100KΩ on the JISBOS board.

I have the pins 5/7 and 1/3 jumped, the V+ and V- output hooked up to pin 8 & 4. & OL and OR hooked up to JISBOS input (one for each board) These are the same pads the headphone jack plugs into. Do I want to leave the headphone jacks soldered onto OL and OR or somewhere else ? God I hate these instructions......

What I don't understand it what do I hook JISBOS output to with this method, and what is a ground plane ?

Help ASAP would be awesome I have everything laid out and feel like getting this done. Thank you for listening.

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangedaze39 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question, I had trying to hook it up to the SOHA, and honestly it's really frustrating. I used this method.....

alternative (perhaps superior) way of hooking up the JISBOS to the SOHA

I have the pins 5/7 and 1/3 jumped, the V+ and V- output hooked up to pin 8 & 4. & OL and OR hooked up to JISBOS input (one for each board) These are the same pads the headphone jack plugs into. Do I want to leave the headphone jacks soldered onto OL and OR or somewhere else ? God I hate these instructions......

What I don't understand it what do I hook JISBOS output to with this method

There is a picture below the text at the JISBOS website that shows you clearly where to connect the headphone jack to. Did you look at it?

Quote:

and what is a ground plane ?

A ground plane is the copper-filled area on the circuit board in between all the traces, which is connected to the circuit ground.

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #15 of 23
Yes I did look at it, thats how I figured out which pins where which. Please don't be irritated I'm not very good at this. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: MisterX very cool diagram, and it was written by AMB! WOW you guys are heaven sent! Thank you !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back