Finding the MDRV6 in Los Angeles?
Jan 5, 2004 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

eRAW

New Head-Fier
Anyone know of any stores where I can find the MDRV6 in the Los Angeles area? I've tried various Best Buys, Frys, Good Guys, Sam Goodys, Towers, Radioshacks, Circuit Citys, even Walmart and Target... no luck.

I'd order online, but its such a pain in the @$$ since I'm not home during the day when they deliver that stuff.

Jan 5, 2004 at 7:34 AM Post #2 of 16
I thought that Frys was supposed to have them
confused.gif

I've heard that guitar center has them as well.

Jan 5, 2004 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
I thought that Frys was supposed to have them
confused.gif

I've heard that guitar center has them as well.

Frys told me they had them out of stock. Also said they weren't sure when they'd be getting more.

Jan 5, 2004 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 16
Fry's normally has them, you might try another location, but you can just go to Guitar Center and get the 7506 it's essentially the same headphone. The Torrance Tower Records also carries the V6 and Audio/Video Center has them (Hawthorne & Redondo Beach Blvd.) unfortunately you'll pay a major premium at Tower and if I remeber correctly A/V Center was a little high as well.

On a side note, you might just go with the HD280 Pro instead...
280smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

-EDIT-

The last time I was at Fry's (Manhattan Beach location) I found a whole mess of V6's hidden away ontop of the shelving rather than down on display so you may look more closely.

Jan 5, 2004 at 11:43 AM Post #5 of 16
try this place. djmart. their website says they have some. They are located in north hollywood. If you do drive out there be aware that there are two streets with the same name running parallel with each other so if your looking for the number and the street runs out----look at the next street over. Here is the link for djmart.

http://store.yahoo.com/djgear/noname5.html

basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

or you could just buy my mdr-v900s for $75.00 and call it a day-lol

Jan 5, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by augustwest
Last time I was in Fry's Manhatten Beach Store they had a couple of pairs,

- augustwest

How long ago were you in there?

Jan 5, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #8 of 16
Frys stores can check other Frys inventory. They are not always accurate (like everything else at Frys), but at least you may be able to track down a pair that way. I had to do the same thing Sat. for a router.

EDIT: As a side note, the last two visits to Frys, their V6 inventory was far less then normal. Wonder if they're finally drying up?

Jan 5, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
They are not always accurate (like everything else at Frys)

Seriously, Frys has the most idiotic employees this side of Wal-Mart. Heaven forbid you need to ask them something about their products and expect anything near a straight (or even remotely correct) answer. The only reason I've bought anything there is a few really good deals. It is a fun place justto roam around, though.

Jan 5, 2004 at 6:50 PM Post #10 of 16
If you find an online vendor that carries the V6 at a good price, bring a print out to Guitar Center. They'll match it as long as its not refurbished.
They didn't have 'em in stock but they ordered them and it only took 3 days. I don't remember exactly how much I paid ($60-$65) but it was way cheaper than Fry's.
Also, make sure they order the right ones, my receipt said MDR-600
rolleyes.gif
but I noticed it before I left and they fixed it.
Good luck.

Jan 5, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #11 of 16
The city of industry fry's has like 10 pairs in stock. The 7506 is almost always more expensive than the v6 even though they are the same headphones.

Jan 5, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #12 of 16
Ya know, if you can't find the V6 in stores anywhere, which I find hard to believe, you can always order it online and put a little note on your door that tells UPS it is okay for them to leave it at your door. That's what I usually do.

Anyways best of luck

Jan 5, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer
It is a fun place justto roam around, though.

I'd agree if we were talking about the Woodland Hills store, but the Manhattan Beach store isn't so great, it's smaller and has less stuff and worse, you need football pads and a shotgun to make it through there it's so damn crowded.

Jan 6, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #15 of 16
Last time I was in the M.B. Fry's, was a couple of weeks ago, when they had the V6's in stock. Try calling them before you go. . . . I agree that the M.B. Fry's is more difficult to shop at because it is an older store with less space, but it is only about 1.5 miles from where I live.

- augustwest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back