Finding the clamp too much on DT 1990
May 17, 2019 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Epsilon95

New Head-Fier
Hi

I finally got the dt 1990 pro however after a week or so i have found the clamp force a bit too uncomfortable and starts to hurt my ears after 3 or so hours. Im kind of dissapointed as i like the sound signature but I was just wondering would i get used to this or should i just return them thanks

May 19, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 3
It's a steel headband, right? bend it. Gently.

May 19, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi

I finally got the dt 1990 pro however after a week or so i have found the clamp force a bit too uncomfortable and starts to hurt my ears after 3 or so hours. Im kind of dissapointed as i like the sound signature but I was just wondering would i get used to this or should i just return them thanks

FYI, I saw this comment on another site; you might find it helpful"

"Comfort
Everyone knows how comfortable Beyer headphones are, which is why I was surprised at how irritating the DT1990 was initially. The clamp was very tight and the pads were firm. I hoped that they would loosen up and the pads would become softer over time and that's exactly what happened. I could wear the DT1990 for hours on end (and I do just about every day) now. I will say that the DT990 keeps my head cooler since they are lighter weight and the pads breathe a bit more. Overall the comfort is excellent on both, but I prefer the DT1990 due to the deeper ear cups."

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6axbti/dt1990_style_and_sound_to_match/

Also quite on point:

"Comfort
Let me start this section by saying that I love the feel of the DT990 on my head. It is the main reason I have been using them for so long. I can't say the same for the DT1990...at least initially. The clamp is very tight, I could headbang in these and not worry about them flying off my head. The pads (A and B) are very firm out of the box. Despite these issues I could still wear them for 1-2hrs without issue. After the initial comfort of the velour pads melted away I was left with an irritated upper ear that distracted from my musical enjoyment. After a week of breaking in the firm pads and loosening up the headband's tight jaws these are more than tolerable. I still think the clamp is a bit tight, but the pads are much more agreeable. If you are coming from something less heavenly than the DT990 you will probably find these quite comfy. I would place the comfortable wearing time for these in the 4hr range after they break in a bit, which will only increase with time."

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6axbti/dt1990_style_and_sound_to_match/

FWIW, I fpersonally found the DT1990's to be very comfortable. Ultimately, however, I let them go because
the pad changing process became a bit tedious after a time. Also, while they're clearly better
than the dT880 (consistently one of my favorite headphones), to me they weren't better enough
to justify the hefty price difference. And anyway, at that time,some very good closed headphones
had become a greater priority for me. (Which I did, fortunately.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back