Finding CD release information after rip.
Jan 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lace'd Taste

Head-Fier
Hi there,

I've been ripping CD's in ALAC using Max ripper for a couple of years now and have manage to gain a half decent library.  I've just been reading a few forums/ threads about re-masters & re-issues after my mate lent me his EMI 1999 David Bowie re-masters which I've read are absolute crap compared to the RSA releases.  The majority of my library is my own CD collection but there is a fair chunk made up of CDs borrowed from friends in the past and i was wondering if there is anyway on my computer to find out the recording labels/ cat# from the file?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

J

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 3
What you are looking for is ISRC viewer. Every Red Book compliant CD has such a code which is supposed to identify the recording. In simple terms it identifies the issuing country, year and recording label. 
The bad news is that to my knowledge this information is not contained in the ripped files - you'll have to refer to the CDs to get it.

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Cheers, to be honest i thought this would be the case - just gonna add the info manually into the "comments" tag section and waste another few months of my life! 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back