finding a nice pair of headphones?
Nov 19, 2001 at 4:14 AM Post #16 of 46
Thanks for all the help! I'm going to try to find a pair of Grado SR-60/80's for now. In the meantime I'll save up for a Grado amp (edit: and SR325!!), but right now I'm pretty broke
frown.gif
I'll keep an eye out for all the recommended sets, thanks a lot!
biggrin.gif

-Louise.

Nov 19, 2001 at 2:56 PM Post #17 of 46
Upgrade, LOL: It seems i just get new stuff and put the old in storage untill i sort through the stored stuff to find things i eather want or have to get rid of and i find That i just can't getrid of alot of things. headphones Being one of those I still have a pair of Koss Pro4AA from 197x Somthing. If that is not bad enough i got a new pair when Koss reintroduced them (Signed By Koss) Now the New version have Better earpads and the Silver Ring around the ear pieces are Dull looking Brown Plastic. anyway years ago igot hooked on the Sony MDR-V6's One of the Best Overall Headphones i have Heared at any Price. But i wanted an Open air type that had the same detail and natural midrange of the V6's so i searched and listend searched some more listened more and ended up with the Grado SR-60's Now this is just my short list of Headphones i have gone through but there are lots of others i did not like all that mutch to start with Like the Sony MDR-V600 (Hollow Mids Ringing everywhere Yuck) AKG? K320 or somthing 1985 vintage. These had wonderfull Mids and highs I think thay had Two drivers in each earcup kind of like a Woofer Tweeter or somthing Well i like Bass and The Telarc 1812 Took out both rhe bass Drivers on those. Come to think of it another pair of Dual driver Headpones Koss Pro 4X using a Piezo Tweeter harsh. Boy All this in the Pre Headwize days. My god if this fourm was around when i had more income than i do now i would be in real deep. Let this be a "WARNING HEADPHONE USE CAN BE HABBIT FORMING AND IMPROPER USE MAY RESULT IN HEALTH PROBLEMS"
so once you do get a pair of cans you really like Watch out... you might just get Hooked.

Nov 22, 2001 at 3:55 AM Post #19 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
Is the sr-60 bad for hip hop stuff since you all say its good for rock???

btw: sorry for bringing up an old topic....
smily_headphones1.gif

Nah, they're not for that genre. I think the Sony V6/7506 would work very well with Hip Hop because it has great bass (tight) and excellent clarity for the price. The Grado's dont have any punchy bass. Just bass.

George

Nov 22, 2001 at 5:28 AM Post #22 of 46
sr-60's don't have punchy bass, just bass??? Hmmm....for a total newbie to the high end headphone market that sure makes sense.
confused.gif

hehe...sorry for the sarcasm...force of habit. IT'S JUST THAT THE SONY V6'S ARE SOOOOO HARD TO FIND WHEN NOT SHOPPING ONLINE!!!

Nov 22, 2001 at 5:55 AM Post #23 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
sr-60's don't have punchy bass, just bass??? Hmmm....for a total newbie to the high end headphone market that sure makes sense.
confused.gif

hehe...sorry for the sarcasm...force of habit. IT'S JUST THAT THE SONY V6'S ARE SOOOOO HARD TO FIND WHEN NOT SHOPPING ONLINE!!!

LOL, well yea its true...The 60's dont have punchy bass like the V6's, the Grado's are more "laid back" in the bass department, i dont want to use terms like "tiny" because its there, but its not involving like the V6's which is very tight and can be amazing to listen to on a bass heavy album. it sucks that the V6's are not available more in shops where people can test them out, then pass out, and pull out $69 and pay up! Best Bang for the buck, 'nuff said...um....IMHO.
rolleyes.gif

George

Nov 22, 2001 at 3:46 PM Post #24 of 46
Ya: The Sony MDR-V6 is hard to Obtain since sony Reportably Discontinued them. However the Similar or the same Depending upon who you talk to MDR-7506 The Pro Model of the V6's is available at most all Pro Sound Shops hear in the USA. these cost about $100.00 US and Seem to Be Priced Fixed since every source i have seen for these eather on line or in store are $99.95. Search and you may find a better price online. I got so frustrated when i needed another pair of V6's (ONE PAIR NOT ENOUGH) i just went into My local Pro Music Shop and got a pair of MDR-7506's for $99.95 since no sales tax in OR. this was a good Price for me.

Nov 22, 2001 at 5:46 PM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Ya: The Sony MDR-V6 is hard to Obtain since sony Reportably Discontinued them.

The V6 are NOT discontinued.

Quote:

However the Similar or the same Depending upon who you talk to MDR-7506

Doesn't matter who you talk to
wink.gif
The V6 and 7506 are identical headphones. The only differences are cosmetic -- the miniplug on the 7506 is gold-plated, and they have a different sticker.

Nov 22, 2001 at 6:29 PM Post #27 of 46
I own the Alessandro Music Series I, and I find it fatiguing at times. Maybe it was from extended listening? I was listening to Metallica's Master of Puppets on DCC remastered gold disc. I just couldn't take it anymore. I had a headache. I was pissed off. I wanted to destroy every piece off audio equipment I had!! Do I just need an amp or what?

Brett

Nov 22, 2001 at 11:43 PM Post #28 of 46
I doubt you need an amp to power them, i take it those series 1 cans are just painful on the ears? Hmm, you should try the V6's, lol. They dont fatigue my ears at all.

George

Nov 22, 2001 at 11:49 PM Post #29 of 46
If MS-1's are fatiguing, than, uh, wouldn't V6's be more fatiguing, to his ears?

What is your source? I've heard that there are many versions of that CD....is that one particularly bright?

Nov 22, 2001 at 11:54 PM Post #30 of 46
Wilbur: Thanks for the Link, I added it to my list, However i could not find the $30.00 off Cupon. And the Product info for the MDR-7506 saya as i expected $99.95 but with $30.00 off and free shipping i would get my-self another pair of 7506's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back