Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go.
Jun 30, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #421 of 1,423

Could you link that to me? I'd heard there could be issues but wasn't sure exactly what.

Found these http://www.nightanddayaudio.com/shop/accessories/wywires-red-interconnect-cable/ but I think LH Labs themselves are working with someone on a cable to do this as well.

Whoa! Price for the cable is $380 to $660!

I think it'd be cheaper to just buy a DAC with dual XLR out like the Emotiva DC-1 at $450.

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #422 of 1,423

I think it'd be cheaper to just buy a DAC with dual XLR out like the Emotiva DC-1 at $450.

I'd be curious of a shoot out Geek Out V2+ vs Emotiva Stealth DC-1. Also taking size into account matter the Geek Out is smaller than my iPhone 6 so I could make that whole rig fairly transportable as well as having a portable DAC/Amp in just the Geek Out

Jun 30, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #423 of 1,423
Actually like the original Geek Out 1000 (V1, I guess), so much so that when they released a Special Edition I went for it (it is great sounding imo, better than some other DAC/amps I have heard in the $500-$1000 range (admittedly, not that many, but still...)
The V2+ is supposed to be better sounding than the V1, and the + allows you to be freed from the connection to your computer (has it's own battery), which is what I never liked about V1.

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #424 of 1,423

I'd be curious of a shoot out Geek Out V2+ vs Emotiva Stealth DC-1. Also taking size into account matter the Geek Out is smaller than my iPhone 6 so I could make that whole rig fairly transportable as well as having a portable DAC/Amp in just the Geek Out

Add the HRT Music Streamer HD to that list.

Recently ordered one to pair with the LC.

Have a couple months to compare its dac with the idsd micro. If it sounds as good or better, the HRT's dual XLR out should work better with the LC. Plus the HRT is just a bit smaller than the LC so they should be a good match in size too.

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #425 of 1,423

Could you link that to me? I'd heard there could be issues but wasn't sure exactly what.

Found these http://www.nightanddayaudio.com/shop/accessories/wywires-red-interconnect-cable/ but I think LH Labs themselves are working with someone on a cable to do this as well.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/763905/finding-a-dac-for-the-cavalli-liquid-carbon-only-four-months-to-go/270#post_11617816

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #426 of 1,423

The cable that is referenced above is totally a different cable, The one that Alex Cavalli is describing will be under $80. We are also working with LH Labs to provide a suite of different adapters although the deal is not done yet.

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #427 of 1,423
that's the dac chip in the bifrost :)
Doesnt sound anything like the bifrost though. I had one. The implementation must be very different.

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #428 of 1,423
I want that shirt by Schiit that says my DAC is bigger than yours. That is how I feel about my Theta versus the Bifrost Uber.

When money comes around I am going to buy a Yggdrasil and put the Theta away into storage so it will last another 20 years. Happy 21st birthday to my perfectly functional DAC that is now old enough to drink.

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #429 of 1,423
I just plugged my Hifiman HEK into my PC/Geek Out Special Edition. Hadn't listened to it much this way because I don't love sitting at my PC to listen to music, have a bedside set up with a Pono line out into a MicroZOTL or a Ray Samuels HR-2, which allows me to listen in my favorite way, which is horizontal. Figured I'd try it out of GO SE. Man, that sounds great! Have a Wave And a Vi Tube on order (both fully tricked out), made me really wish they were here (with LH Labs, who knows when they will come). I think either of these will sound terrific with the LC, judging by the sound I'm getting just from my GO Special Edition!

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #430 of 1,423
I thing GO V2 well really be a nice, not break the bank source, that is shipping now!

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #431 of 1,423
Will like to ask the experts here:

I found this measurement of a prototype DAC that I am planning to get for the LC when it's eventually released. I'm expecting it to meet all the requirements on the first page namely, low priced, small footprint, and balanced.

Can anyone comment on whether the measurement is good or not? It looks impressive to me, but I'm not sure if it is artificially done so by tweaking the parameters the measurement was done at.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #432 of 1,423
  Will like to ask the experts here:

I found this measurement of a prototype DAC that I am planning to get for the LC when it's eventually released. I'm expecting it to meet all the requirements on the first page namely, low priced, small footprint, and balanced.

Can anyone comment on whether the measurement is good or not? It looks impressive to me, but I'm not sure if it is artificially done so by tweaking the parameters the measurement was done at.

Isn't that one of the EGD pictures posted today?

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #433 of 1,423

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag
mad.gif
..... Kidding
darthsmile.gif

I didn't want to mention the name of the product because a) it's still a prototype and b) i didn't obtain the permission to reproduce the photo here although it's in public domain so there shouldn't be any issue.

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #434 of 1,423

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag
mad.gif
..... Kidding
darthsmile.gif

I didn't want to mention the name of the product because a) it's still a prototype and b) i didn't obtain the permission to reproduce the photo here although it's in public domain so there shouldn't be any issue.

What's EGD?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back