Find the right pair of earbuds...
Aug 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Anderosai

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for a good set of earbuds for the past year , on and off. I started with the Klipsch s4i(?) and my most recent trial was the V-Sonic VR07. I also tried the Head-Fi RE0 , among others. All of the "best bang for your buck" earbuds. They all fell short. Most of the time it was that they didn't sound full - it was like the sound was a few inches / feet(!?) from my ear. It was too weak. Other times they just sounded like ****. I'm having a lot of trouble finding a good pair of earbuds that are actually decent to listen to.

Am I not going to find what I'm looking for when I go for budget IEMs? Do I just need to shell out the cash to get a good pair? The only issue I have is that I'll be hooking them up to my cellphone. And yes , when I was testing out the IEMs I did buy to try out I checked on the phone , and on my computer (which has an HT Omega eClaro - it has an onboard amp and one of the best DACs for soundcards). 

I just want something that will make things sound right...neutral , but full. The Shure SE215 was actually pretty decent. It had it's shortcomings but it sounded like there was actually something in my ear (in terms of sound). What I hated was the almost impossible ear "hanger" thing. And it was just a little below what I would call "acceptable". Maybe I'm just too damn picky...

What should I be looking for? Is there anything else I should try before (maybe) shelling out money for the high end (which doesn't make sense given the uses, but wth).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back