Find music in hi-fi?
Aug 24, 2017 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Protek67

Head-Fier
I was thinking about getting a second pair of headphones then I signed up to Tidal and realized that my content source would offer a better return on investment.

So short of buying CD's how do you find the artist you enjoy on another format? I've attempted to look into beyond CD quality source's but it's a little overwhelming and very difficult to sort through the countless websites that offer it. I just ordered a couple CD's on amazon and noticed a couple of the artist's I was looking at had vinyl available. That sounds fun but I've heard that it needs to be mastered in vinyl for it to be worth it. Also where is the best place to get cd's?

Anyways, how do you get your music?

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 3
I am fortunate to live in a city the has McCays Books, Records, and CDs. I have bought many CDs for less than a dollar and some for as low as .05. If you like classical and jazz the supply is usually plentiful. These CDs are located in the scratched section. 95% of the CD i have bought there play with no issue. However, if they do not work you can take them back with no problem.

There are many free sources for music on the internet. Just search for free music. I use Pandora and Prime (Amazon). There is an annual cost for Prime but I feel it is well worth it.

Hope this helps. Best, John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back