Find me IEMs - super comfortable, good for exercise and travel
Jan 23, 2014 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kilgoretrout

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some IEMs to replace the Shure SE215 that I'm trying to sell. Here's what I'm looking for:-

Super comfortable
I'm looking for IEMs that are super comfortable. Extra points for something that won't hurt while resting my head sideways on a pillow.
Previous experience: The Shures I'm selling irritated the insides of my ears after wearing for an hour or so. I tried 3 styles of tip - two included styles and comply Ts series.

Good for exercise
I'd like something that stays secure in your ear while exercising or jogging. 

Good for travel
The shures had excellent isolation which is important to me for traveling. It makes airplane rides more comfortable.

Other
Bonus points for a microphone but it's not necessary.

Budget - about $100

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 4
Shure SE215 are probably one of the best fitting iems for 100 dollars honestly, though i personally dont like the sound too much. 

You can consider the new aurisonics ROCKETS. Theyre a little over your budget though. Theyre currently a kickstarter and will ship in march. Theyve gotten good initial impressions and is really for a mobile lifestyle. Theyre even coming out with ear guides for the rockets. The entire design is to stay in your ears well so its a good possibility 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1285259404/aurisonics-rockets-next-gen-iems-made-in-usa

Jan 24, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 4
The Aurisonics Rockets promise pretty much what I want. However, there are no real user reviews. They look promising, so I'm undecided on this one.

I did some more research, and I found two options I like: VSonic GR06 and Logitech Ultimate Ears 600. Any advice on choosing or adding to the list?

Jan 24, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 4
The ue 600 was unimpressive to me. The Hr06 i had a little fit problem with but theyre decent sounding. Vsonic has come out with new iems that could be better options tho (i have yet to hear them myself)

Shotgunshane and tyll from inner fidelity has given some comments on the rockets and it looks good so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back