Find a can that looks like this...
Feb 13, 2007 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Denver Max

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all, I'm a new member here and am thoroughly enjoying reading all of the threads here. I am a Grado SR60 and Etymotic ER-6i owner and somewhat of a lossless, uncompressed music freak, and I value what you guys have to say.

I have been looking for a closed headphone to buy, but I want one that looks really really good.
skullTI.jpg

I want some white ones if I can find them. Like those ^^ I will probably be buying these, the Skullcandy Ti, just to see how they sound, because I really like how they look, and I've tried on a similar pair and remember them to be very comfortable, but from what I've read, these are not the best headphones sound-wise, and lack significantly in the bass.

So...chances are I'll buy them and return them. Can anyone here find me a closed headphone that looks like this one with sound near the quality that I get out of my Grados?

Thanks a lot.

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 34
Feb 13, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 34

I don't know about the look of these. Notice they show them on a female head
wink.gif

For closed in this price range you are going to get a lot of K81DJ recommendations, so perhaps you should start there. They look pretty sharp and you can bling them up a little bit with a pair of these:

http://www.recordcase.de/cgi-bin/cos...155609028-8375

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 34
well there are the white Icemats, but i was assuming you didn't want to be like Basshunter and start raving about DotA and how Anna is a bot.
basshunter.JPG

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATH-ES7

that is, if your price range can extend to $130.

OOH I forgot about those. They actually sound kinda nice!

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well there are the white Icemats, but i was assuming you didn't want to be like Basshunter and start raving about DotA and how Anna is a bot.
basshunter.JPG

this makes me want to cry

dont be dissin basshunter naw mean

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 34
Difference in taste, but I think white headphones are pretty asthetically tawdry...

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #9 of 34
Sound "kinda good" is the right (the ES7). I used to own these and I don't really miss them at all, not at that price point. Also, the metal extension bars stick out too much and detract from the cool factor.

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #10 of 34
yeps, so far the only can on this page i'd personally spring for are the Beyers. but they will cost you, oh yes.

oh hold on, forgot about the Sennheiser PX100.

PX100-white-740x819.jpg

and the iGrado.
blog_igrado2.jpg

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 34
I am such an idiot. of course. how could i forget the toiletish AKG K701?

0020120701_1370.jpg

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound "kinda good" is the right (the ES7). I used to own these and I don't really miss them at all, not at that price point. Also, the metal extension bars stick out too much and detract from the cool factor.

I do admit at their price point, they're not worth it, but price aside, they are good cans; I do regret selling them however. I'm still wondering if anyone will make a circumaural mod for them...

that being said, I still would recommend them along w/ the PX100.

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #14 of 34
Remember what he's looking for - "I have been looking for a closed headphone to buy, but I want one that looks really really good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back