Financial Times' Paul Taylor Wets Himself over IEMs
Mar 15, 2007 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
Today, while stirring my coffee with my lemur’s lingam, I was astonished to open the Financial Times and find a picture of the oft-cerebrated Etymotic ER-4. After depositing the IEM's miniature lobes in the sink, I continued to read FT columnist Paul Taylor's ecstatic appraisal of the E500, SE430 and so froth. He also pimped FLAC and ALAC (though not at the expense of, as he punctuated it, "lossy" formats) and made favorable mention of bijoux by Ultimate Ears. Gentlefoonts, we stand on the cusp of Year o’ the IEM’s pseudo-leisure-class absorption, with Bose poised to become the Starbucks of aural ambrosia. (Sadly, Taylor aimed a last gushlet at B’s latest gimmickware.)

But why take my spiel for it? Leer at said article here at your lurid leisure.

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 6
Wow, Jude called it with that "Year of the IEM" thread! Congrats to you IEM lovers, it's good times ahead!

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 6
He starts out nicely but than goes "The new in-ear headphones from Bose (www.bose.com) are also worth considering and, at £69, are one of the best-performing, lower-priced options for anyone looking to upgrade. "
frown.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today, while stirring my coffee with my lemur’s lingam, I was astonished to open the Financial Times and find a picture of the oft-cerebrated Etymotic ER-4. After depositing the IEM's miniature lobes in the sink, I continued to read FT columnist Paul Taylor's ecstatic appraisal of the E500, SE430 and so froth. He also pimped FLAC and ALAC (though not at the expense of, as he punctuated it, "lossy" formats) and made favorable mention of bijoux by Ultimate Ears. Gentlefoonts, we stand on the cusp of Year o’ the IEM’s pseudo-leisure-class absorption, with Bose poised to become the Starbucks of aural ambrosia. (Sadly, Taylor aimed a last gushlet at B’s latest gimmickware.)

But why take my spiel for it? Leer at said article here at your lurid leisure.

dude,,it's been said so many times already but you are a true pleasure to read.

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude,,it's been said so many times already but you are a true pleasure to read.

Seriously, one can really improve their intricate vocabulary just by reading one post of yours!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back