finaly decided on what to buy
Feb 19, 2007 at 5:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

regis helaine

New Head-Fier
well almost...posting here for the last checkup before buying (or try to buy)

last year was pretty hard so i had to sell my missmatch rig.

i had a pair of RS1 that i did hate selling but without my dad's rig they were underused on my poor little H120 ....

so now that i finished re ripping my CDs to Flac (for the one that were no too badly damage during the last moving ...lost a few songs on a hildegard of binden cd for exemple that i really love...will need to stick to MP3 for them.) i read and read and decided to get the following.

DAC

all my music is computer based...don't have a cd player anymore (tho my dvd player also reads SACD but not sure it is that good...samsung HD-840)

the winner is ....FUBAR II

Why?
i like the look
it is in my price range
With shipping and mod is the same price or cheaper than a zhaolu
good quality

AMP

Little Dot 2++ (+ upgraded tubes)

i wanted a tube amp for the look and the sound
it is in my price range
the tube upgrade seems to put it over the average quality for that price range.

CANS

AKG 701

i love female voices (from hildegard to norah jones)

total cost new little over $750...

that's roughly the budget i bound myself too...and something my wife won't kill me over ...plus i bet that she will enjoy norah jones on that more than on her current rig (cheap 2.1 on integrated sound card)

Feb 19, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 4
technicaly i don't really have 750 yet....hopefully will be able to get all that in the following month.

I work from home and i really need an upgrade... currently i am listening to a HD202 sennheiser hooked to my laptop or an H10 and my hear are about to explode within 2 hours...very tirering .

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 4
Looks really promising. I hope you will enjoy it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back