Finally woodied my 325is
Jan 20, 2010 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

schwallman

1000+ Head-Fier
I picked up my cups today and have all but put the new screens into the cups. They sound really nice so far. I can tell the bass is a little deeper and the highs are more tame than they were before. The look really nice and I like the weight of them. I would say similar to the rs series IMO. After work im going to go get some material for the screens and put them together for some pics. They were made out of eucalyptus wood. I have the guy doing another pair out of some type of wood I forgot the name of. Now Im going to need some more cans to put those on. Anyway, ill post some snaps tonight.

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by btsgreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, can't wait for the pictures!

to be honest, my cubemate was standing behind me and said "I thought you sent those back?" So they are very similar to the rs1s in his eyes. I might grab some silver mesh wire since black would almost look exactly like them.

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 18
pics pics pics
biggrin.gif
The SR-325i seem to be wonderful modding headphones actually. Woodies, Magnum and Jumbo pads. Too many other headphones that I want though
frown.gif
RS-1 Vintage, HF-2, SRH840, PRO 900 and a couple more. One day I will get them
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 18
ok....so i got one grill in and was working on the second cup. the **** split down the middle. Im going to take this set back to the guy and just see about the other set he was going to make. I can say that the time i did get to listen to them, they did sound somewhat better than before. i never found the treble to be that bad, but it was a little tamer to me. I said before, i do think they are sililar to the rs1s i tried out last week. So sorry to get everyones hopes up and then let everyone down. i will get the next set on and there will be pics.

edit: I did change out the grills to a black mesh since i had the metal cups apart. The look nice if anyone cares....

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that sucks.. hope you fix them up soon, so we can get some pics!!
smily_headphones1.gif

yeah man i was pretty pissed off. oh well, ill see if the guy can knock out a pair on saturday. It didnt take him long once he did the first one, which was the one that busted. The second was fine.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by dclancy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell, your friend to knock out a few more for us!!
Can't wait to see pics.

im going over on saturday morning to have atleast the one that broke replaced. hopefully i can talk him into the next pair. The wood looks like it will be awesome.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #12 of 18
Yeah I mean I am sure you could have a few pairs made and sell them.

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I mean I am sure you could have a few pairs made and sell them.

i was looking for a ipod video to replace my broken one last week. would have bought your b/c the price is right. already replace though

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #15 of 18
Wow! Better than I was expecting.
Very nice. If splurge on some MS2's, I'll have to hit that guy up for a pair!

Oh yeah, How do they sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back