Finally, the new Sony 64gb A Series in the USA!!!
Jul 24, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #31 of 64

Rumored price for NWZ A867 (64GB) is 349Euro.

There ain't any news in the Japanese market yet which is kind of strange.

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #33 of 64
In any case, one can use bluetooth for file transfer also so I don't think that should be a major concern, except, of course, when it comes to charging. =)

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #34 of 64
I dont mind the dock port. but aslong is it has a normal micro or mini usb for charging and file trasnfers.
its better if you just use it at home. but for charging while travelling or sharing chargers with other devices like cellphones or camaras. i rather have a universal connector.

I also had the HD5. which had a line out switch that bypassed the amp turning the HP out to a Line out. so you didnt have to have a special conector for the LOD.

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #35 of 64
One of the biggest surprises to me about the newest E series Walkman was that they did change to a standard mini usb port.  While there is nothing wrong with the Sony proprietary port...it's just a pain keeping up with multiple cords.  Something I don't think Apple will ever break away from. 

Quote:
just one doubt.
Standart USB or will sony keep insisting on that aweful WM-PORT ?

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #36 of 64
I don't know how to actually post a link in this forum (and at the moment don't quite have time to fiddle with it) but I just wanted to share what popped up on the Sony website:

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=16178&SR=sensory:hear:brand_bin:walkman:ss&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sony.com%2Findex.php

Cut and paste I guess....Sort of old fashioned way of doing it....sorry. 
blink.gif

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #37 of 64
What the heck? Only up to 16?! That better change when introduced here.

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #39 of 64
Yeah, I know. I signed up for the notification thing and sent a tip to my preferred gadget site. It wouldn't be so much of a big deal if these had micro SD ports, but they don't, so...

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #40 of 64
^^ Amen to that!!  That's one thing I love about Cowon and SanDisk players.  You can go ahead and get a 4 or 8 GB player and then load up on external storage. 

It sure seems like Sony just isn't going to ever bring that 64 gigs to the states for whatever reason.  Shame.

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #41 of 64
Just saw the press release. Dang, I was a bit off. $179 for the 8GB and $219 for the 16GB. I think I'll have to pass...

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #42 of 64
Was there a release date?  Man that pricing is about right in line with the ipod.  Better sound quality and worse features.  Guess you gotta weigh what's the most important.  heck, it's expensive no matter how you look at it though! 

Oh, I just saw that too.  I would say that 109 for the 16GB E series is a pretty solid deal.  This newest version of the E series has sound quality just about on par with the S series.  And it has quite a few of the same features. 

I am glad to see the A series has added the SensMe channels.  I got rid of my X series because it lacked the SensMe and it also lacked a dedicated Shuffle button.  Two huge oversights in my opinion. 

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #43 of 64
The E series are reasonably priced.....the S and A are not, sadly. When I had my E345 and S545 at the same time, they sounded identical.....hopefully that trend continues. If my S639 dies, I'd replace it with a 16GB E series, if those prices hold true.

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #44 of 64

Users who are viewing this thread

Back