Finally Some Time Off
Nov 21, 2005 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
I have been part of a large scale software conversion at the company I work for. This project will replace virtually all of our self developed software with SAP. We have been customizing, testing and trying to figure out how to migrate legacy datasince January. 6 day 72 hour weeks have been the norm since spring. We finally went live at 7 of our 105 locations and both factories on Nov1. Now 1 year of rollout remains.

Well I am taking my first time off since March. A little over a week off but I am looking forward to it. We are going to visit my son and his GF in Seattle for Thanksgiving. They are both in their final year of law school. It will be good to get home again and relax. Funny we moved away from Seattle in 74 but still think of it as home.

Nov 21, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Enjoy yourself. A well earned rest.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ej82m
Sounds like you deserve a well-earned rest. I, myself can't wait for my four-day thanksgiving weekend. Midterms and senior presentations have taken a toll on me. =)

4-day thanksgiving weekend?!?!
We have this whole week off for thanksgiving.
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 6
Man, I'm impressed / surprised by what you're willing to do / subject yourself to
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd never work any job which involves regularly working more than a forty hour week. Personally speaking I can't work that long without going stone crazy (and extremely tired / depressed), and generally speaking there's quite a lot of research which suggests working longer than around forty hours regularly is psychologically a bad idea. I currently work about three hours a day, which makes me poor but extremely relaxed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back