Finally pictures of the amp I named (well sort of) Ray Samuels Audio B52! omg!
Oct 29, 2006 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
Holly silk screen batman! I have tears in my eyes now just looking at them, check out the gold ness on it..like a gold rolex...gold all over the freakin place man.

of course these are quick shots as you can tell usually Ray takes better pics.

so lets see...
if thats Rays B52, that means I should be picking my #0001 up in a few weeks...yummy!!!!!!

not sure if I am digging the gold knob yet, need to request a silver I think..and red leds of course!

well please people tell me what you think cause I can request little changes now so tell me.................

omg I dont wanna see the price tag..

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #2 of 53
Great pics Billy
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 53
Wow, I'd imagine that it must be an incredibly fast amp considering that my eyes cannot even pick up the frequency range that the amp is in!

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #6 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Great pics Billy
tongue.gif

I did not take any pics, you will know when I post pics of mine cause I will put a title like "Ray Samuels B52 (Chicago size pics)" in the title..

I will snap shots of the amp when I receive and have about an hour of listening in..this time though I might need alittle more time cause I am doing this mostly for speakers..

its the pre amp I am after.

OMG I never thought he would of used B52 when I said it...I know its stupid but like for me its speacil to have something you said on an amp like this or a product from him (same feeling I got when another amp maker used the name I given.)..someone like me could never produce an amp like this or even close so its really cool for me..

I would thank him for it, and for #001 spot but I think I will be in pain when I pic it up from the Kidney sale..hehehehehehe

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #8 of 53
Something wrong with your post? Cause I dont see any of the pictures...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis
Something wrong with your post? Cause I dont see any of the pictures...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
there is no pics in this thread I posted...Ray took pics and its on the his site..

That's one BEEFY amp...

Oct 29, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #10 of 53
I just looked at those beautiful pics. My gosh that amp looks awesome. Ray the B52 is an amazing looking amp; very well done, indeed. Can't forget to mention that it sounds great too.
biggrin.gif

Billy, I asked Ray at the So Cal meet about the LED color change. I found the blue to be bright in near darkness. I prefer red or even BMW/(Audi?)-type orange. And if given the option I would ask Ray to use red or orange not only because it’s easier on the eyes, but I like it better. With respect to the gold knobs, again I agree silver is the way to go. I find the gold to be a little loud and a bit too ghetto fabulous for my tastes. However, the gold accents elsewhere look really nice.

Oct 29, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #11 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Billy, I asked Ray at the So Cal meet about the LED color change. I found the blue to be bright in near darkness. I prefer red or even BMW/(Audi?)-type orange. And if given the option I would ask Ray to use red or orange not only because it’s easier on the eyes, but I like it better. With respect to the gold knobs, again I agree silver is the way to go. I find the gold to be a little loud and a bit too ghetto fabulous for my tastes. However, the gold accents elsewhere look really nice.

I asked him before and he stated he can do the change, honestly speaking Red fit's betters with Black and Gold then blue. blue is to bright of a color. where Red is darker and more fitting with black and gold dark's.
I also agree with the knob, I know what Ray will say..something like "but you have to see it in life first.." I agree but the best looking peice on my Raptor is the silver knob and it stands out but not out out. besides Gilmore has done the real solid gold before..
like I said it reminds me of a rolex, rolexs are nice watchs but they look tacky with there shade of gold..like its just trying to much. besides the gold knob makes the silk screening look like there is just to much.

I am so excited for this amp coming, I knew I was going to get like this..thats why I got out of audio for a few months..had to buy some cloths,shoes,etc before I dive back into this world..esp the speaker world using this bad boy as a pre in my setup. the Sixpac amps should be done this weekend and they are true balanced...yummmyyyyyy

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #12 of 53
They look beautiful
biggrin.gif

btw, what's the difference between EMMELINE and EMMELINE II ?

Oct 29, 2006 at 11:12 AM Post #13 of 53
You guys know what the 2 nobs on the left do?

Looks like the one on the left is for the volume and the one on the right is some sort of a Gain selector? I thought that 2 volumes left and right were the norm. On true ballanced amps.

I am sure my next amp will be ballanced and was looking forward to being able to ajust the volume seperately. as I have some slight hearing loss in my left ear.

bhd812? do you ever sleep? last post 3:57AM./maybe he is so excited he can't sleep LOL. PS. I may be intrested in the Kidney too as the stones in mine hurt like Heck when they come out.double ouch.

Oct 29, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx
You guys know what the 2 nobs on the left do?

Looks like the one on the left is for the volume and the one on the right is some sort of a Gain selector? I thought that 2 volumes left and right were the norm. On true ballanced amps.

I am sure my next amp will be ballanced and was looking forward to being able to ajust the volume seperately. as I have some slight hearing loss in my left ear.

bhd812? do you ever sleep? last post 3:57AM./maybe he is so excited he can't sleep LOL.

I think the one on the center is input selector....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back