Finally, my first pair of great cans!!
Mar 23, 2006 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sladeophile

Headphoneus Supremus
So I finally got my first pair of high quality cans today, the HD600's
600smile.gif
, and boy am I excited! I've already listened for a while to some of the cds I've been listening to my whole life and wow, there is a lot of good stuff I've been missing, and some bad stuff (page turns, audience noises, other ambient sounds, etc...), but it is overwhelmingly good and an incredible excperience! Thanks guys for posting so many reviews and recommendations on headphones and equipment. I also have a gilmore lite on the way, so that will make it even better. For now, the home stereo system will have to do. I do have a couple of questions though. As for burn in, should I wait for my amp or use my home system (samsung dvd-hd841 > denon avr-885). Also, what kind of music should I use? And I am thinking about getting a second set of cans that are more closed to keep the sound in and noise out as well as noise from escaping as these are quite noisy. I want to get the dt880's, but are those closed or not? Sorry if these questions seem redundant or if they've been asked before (I'm sure they have) but I thought it would be nice to have custom suggestions for my setup. My source for now will be the samsung. I listen to classical, rock, indie, and some rap... Thanks!
600smile.gif

Slade

Oh, and I'm sorry about my wallet too...
mad.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
As for burn in, should I wait for my amp or use my home system (samsung dvd-hd841 > denon avr-885). Also, what kind of music should I use? And I am thinking about getting a second set of cans that are more closed to keep the sound in and noise out as well as noise from escaping as these are quite noisy. I want to get the dt880's, but are those closed or not?

You are in for a real treat. Congrats!

DT 880 is semi-open and leaks. Doesn't isolate much either.

As for burn-in...I just enjoy the ride as I go along. I usually keep my usual music playing through it when I'm not listening. I'm sure your home receiver will be perfectly competent to do this task.

Closed alternative to HD600 - I think the Beyerdynamic DT250 is the best closed substitute for the Sennheiser.

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the help. No more suggestions for some high quality closed cans??
Slade

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 6
It depends on your price range. On the higher end would be the CD3000, on the more reasonable end the HD280, or perhaps the AT700 or 900.

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 6
Sub 300 bones please!
biggrin.gif

Slade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back