Finally manage to get my e4c's to fit me
Jan 24, 2007 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ross1

100+ Head-Fier
Now they sound good! Not to mention I had to take my first pair back on the same day I got them, because the right driver was obviously faulty.

Im still not entirely sure about them though. They still don't seem all that comfy. Maybe im just used to the hd595's feeling like they belong to my head
tongue.gif
. Do you just get used to IEM's sticking in your ears, or should I be on the lookout for a different set of tips?

Jan 25, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 5
Did you view shure's website regarding fitting IEMs? It helps quite a bit. Have you tried the foamies? At first the "art" of getting the E4s seated properly seems difficult but after almost a year of ownership I could do it while running. It may vary by individual but you must persist and try to get a "personal" fit. Physically my e4s feel virtually nonexistent but that's after almost a year. Don't give up too easily. I hear many posters who are disappointed on the first night of ownership. So was I. The fit takes time and I couldn't get superb bass until properly seated foamies were used. Good luck!

Jan 25, 2007 at 11:14 AM Post #3 of 5
If you're concerned about comfort, you can try the foam tips, or better yet, go for custom tips. The feeling of sticking something in your ears - some are totally fine, some people get over it eventually and some will never get used to it.

Jan 25, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 5
I decided last night I quite like the foamies now. I think I am starting to get used to the them.

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 5
I've probably posted more than once about this; but I took a few weeks to get used to the e4s. I started with the smallest soft flex sleeves, then I moved on to the medium clear sleeves. This caused a significant difference in isolation and clarity. I'm itching to try the tips that were just released. Hopefully they'll be an improvement, at least comfort-wise compared to the clear tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back