Finally ive found my perfect iem and it shure sounds smashing.
Aug 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Beyerfan70

100+ Head-Fier
At last i can stop searching for an iem that ticks all the boxes,the Shure SE310 is everything i wanted.
They sound absolutely great to my ears,with a lovely all round sound,and really do my music justice.
I had tried my friends 530's for a day and i thought they were just too boomy,i had the 420's which i thought sounded great,a touch nasal but great nonetheless,until they died on me,and also the 210's which ive had for a while.
I had also tried many other different ones from various other companies but i was never truly happy....until now.
To be completely honest i had thought about the 310's quite some time ago but what put me off was the fact that from what i had heard they were no different to the 210's.
I can remember a reviewer somewhere on the net that said that they were virtually identical,and i never really gave them anymore thought.
I'd just about given up trying to find the right pair until i was flicking through a book when i saw a pic of them,and it stayed in my head for a few days,so i decided to go for it,and if they were not right i'd give up on iem's completely!
Well ive had them since last week and i can truthfully say they are for me!
Do they sound like the 210's...no they certainly dont,there is much,much more clarity,much more separation and more distinctive highs.
I think maybe the reviewer in that article a while back must have had a lot of earwax so he couldn't hear properly.
As far as price to performance ratio goes i definitely think these hit the nail directly on the head,in fact i know they do.
From my point of view the sound is the best ive heard in all the ones ive tried,i really could not have asked for a better iem...Comfortable fit,super sound that suits my rock orientated music and priced just right as well.
If only i'd have gone with my heart months ago i could have been in ear nirvana a lot sooner than this,and let me tell you it hasn't been an enjoyable ride either,well maybe a little bit.
Just goes to show that if you follow your heart it usually makes the right choice.
I'm really truly happy with my 310's,at last my iem journey is complete.....FINALLY!

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 7
Congratulations Beyerfan70! You finally found your one!

se310 is my very first iem, and i 'm still listening to them every now and then.
wide soundstage, great separation, very detailed and balanced. it's just a baby-se530 in its sound.

wish i could someday find my perfect iem...

Aug 27, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 7
What about the wearing characteristics? What is the SHURE's degree of isolation, do you feel some pressure when wearing them for some time, does putting them on involve awkward fiddling, do they jut out a lot, how much do you notice bone conduction and microphonics?

Aug 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 7
That's what you think. Months down the road you're going to be unhappy with the SE310's sound and after that you'll be searching for something more. It's a fate you cannot escape
beyersmile.png

Aug 27, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by M-A-Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the wearing characteristics? What is the SHURE's degree of isolation, do you feel some pressure when wearing them for some time, does putting them on involve awkward fiddling, do they jut out a lot, how much do you notice bone conduction and microphonics?

Ok.
Isolation=90%
No pressure and ive worn them for 6 hours straight.
I'm using the black foamies and i just push them in and they stay there,and no they dont stick out either.
No microphonics that i can tell.
Oh and by the way did i mention they are perfect!!!!! lol!

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 7
se310 is a bit too long in size. so they may easily go into your ear too deep. (compare to se530)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back