Finally, I got a custom title ;-)
Oct 27, 2003 at 2:03 AM Post #16 of 31
Well I have been on this board for more than two years but I haven't gotten any custom titles yet. What's up with that???
wink.gif

I guess its more about personality than seniority so I can't complain.
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2003 at 5:28 AM Post #18 of 31
Congrats on the custom title Mick. Glad you finally got titled after all yoru time here. I guess for some people it is more difficult to come up with something witty. Something to do with a boat and trawling would take many more years to come up with.

Oct 27, 2003 at 6:36 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
Well I have been on this board for more than two years but I haven't gotten any custom titles yet. What's up with that???
wink.gif

I guess its more about personality than seniority so I can't complain.
tongue.gif

It's more about a lot of things: whim; timing; whether or not he is in a custom title giving mood; and whether or not you do something that sticks in Jude's mind (this last one is the most mysterious of all).

Oct 27, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
I think it's more along the lines of whether you do something that classifies you as a maladroit human or not, or maybe not
rolleyes.gif
, but I don't have one either, I don't really mind, I remember...whoever it was didn't even like his
eek.gif

I love maladroit humans. Heck, some of my best friends claim to be human. I think that the day I get a custom title is the day that USC Goose gets Headphoneus Supremus (for the same reason that I probably only contribute to the litter along the Information Superhighway).

Oct 27, 2003 at 11:12 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
...and whether or not you do something that sticks in Jude's mind (this last one is the most mysterious of all).

Ahhh, the mysterious mind of the Jude man...mere mortals can not begin to fathom...

wink.gif

Oct 28, 2003 at 12:33 AM Post #22 of 31
congrats on the custom title, man! what exactly would a brit put in gumbo anyway? bangers and chips?

i managed to get two titles, once because i thought was just too polite to ever get one, and another because... well that's probably just best forgotten.
unsure.gif

[size=xx-small]all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy[/size]

Oct 28, 2003 at 1:11 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant
Custom titles aren't all they're cracked up to be. For instance, take my custom title......please.

Well... what can I say... yours doesn't make too much sense.
confused.gif
Some kind of inside joke?

Oct 28, 2003 at 1:22 AM Post #25 of 31
It came from a comment I made in a thread about swearing. I said: "I'd prefer if people didn't use the word tit-mouse as it always makes me giggle."

I thought that I was being rather clever at the time, but a few months ago while watching an old Simpsons re-run, I heard Homer say the exact same thing.

Now I know how George Harrison must have felt.

Oct 28, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

[size=xx-small]all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy all work and no play makes redshifter a dull boy[/size]

ety.gif

Oct 28, 2003 at 1:50 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
no tv and no beer make Homer something something

go crazy?

DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!

Whooo Hooo.... D'oh!

Oct 28, 2003 at 2:42 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
congrats on the custom title, man! what exactly would a brit put in gumbo anyway? bangers and chips?

i managed to get two titles, once because i thought was just too polite to ever get one, and another because... well that's probably just best forgotten.

Bangers and chips? Nah, make it some lovely Haddocks for me
biggrin.gif
See me Username!

I also thought i'd slipped under the radar. Being british we excell at being polite and diplomatic and thus I always try to avoid getting in flame wars and long drawnout arguments over which is best, either the HD600 or CD3k. (everbody knows its the HD600)
600smile.gif

Oct 28, 2003 at 3:11 PM Post #30 of 31
Can I have my title too? 2 years w/o a title is a pain... no..no...life is unfair!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back