Finally Got The ER-6
Jul 13, 2004 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dimatrod

New Head-Fier
Yup, after days and days of deciding, I bought this great headphones. I'm so happy with them. Sound is all great and stuff, but I have 1 problem, which is: somehow, on my right side, the volume is higher, but it blocks less sound (pushing them in the right way), and the left side blocks more sound but sound less. I try to push the right more in, but no result, and then try to take the left out, no result. What can this problem be? I use the iHP-140 (no, balance is ok), and the normal buds. Oh, yeah, when I use the other buds, they fit perfectly and block equally and sound equally. This is really annoying for me, so, could anyone please show me the right way to push them in, or show me a way that gives better results? I don't want to think I spent $110 for nothing and having to return to my old Grados SR-80.

Jul 13, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 7
can you please try the foamies and let us know what happens then? I find that the flanges are harder to fit correctly in the ear and this causes seal problems which cause sound to escape.

Jul 14, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #3 of 7
Yes, I used the others and they were ok. But the thing is that:
1) Flangs are more durable and foamies won't last more than 3 months
2) These are high quality headphones and I should use what they supply me with
One thing that came through my mind is that probably I have one ear canal bigger than the other one (the right must be the bigger), and as you say, the sound may escape. Can this be the problem?

Jul 14, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 7
I had this problem with the er-6s also. It wasn't the phones, my ear canals were different sized, plus I think wax could've been a factor.

Jul 15, 2004 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 7
So what was your solution?

I also went through a whole operation on trying to clean all the wax inside there, and found that my ears were really dirty. I think I found the problem: Since I am right handed, then my hands should get them in differently, plus I got my left arm sore and it usually hurts all the time, so, I'll try to put them in evenly. It's either this or I have the same problem as Kirosia (only that I have no wax left on my ear)

Jul 15, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 7
Just a tip of warning: do not use your nails (if they are slightly long or sharp) to pull out the er-6. I did it once and cut the rubber housing on the right side. Now there is an ugly hole that's getting bigger everytime I put it in my ear.

Jul 15, 2004 at 6:50 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the hint, but I still need a guide on how to get them in well, since I don't know how in and which direction should they be looking at. I found that ear canals go straight, then take a curve up, so then should the tip be looking through up the curve or should it be looking to the curve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back