Finally got my Shure E3c's from America - Have a few beginner's questions
Dec 31, 2004 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Guitarmarama

Head-Fier
Hi guys. Well, after 2 weeks of waiting my E3c's have finally arrived!!! I opened the box, cleaned my ears and began to test the fits out. Straight away I found that the small black and grey tips fitted really well. I'm currently trying my earphones out with the small grey tips. However I have a few questions.

Firstly, I am very VERY impressed with the quality of the earphones. Many say they take a week to get used to, which I expected. However, many have complained about the bass response on these. However to me the bass is one of its strengths as I can hear the bass fine (Maybe even TOO much!). Does this mean I have a "Too perfect" fit as such, and I am extremely lucky?

Oh, and I wear the earphones in front of me, rather than round the back (Still debating whether to just wear them like earbuds, or to wear them over the ear but bring them round the front). I don't like the idea of wearing having a cable going down my back, another reason why I felt inclined to purchase these earphones.

Also, both the black tips and grey tips seem to be hurting a little. Already after having the grey ones in for 10 minutes I can feel they are getting better, but is this due to the fact that I've never worn in-ear canalphones or earplugs before, and JEEZ I JUST COUGHED!!! Haha that was amusing. Anyway, is this mild discomfort due to the fact I've never worn anything like this before, and that my canals will stretch with usage? I have a relatively large head already so it does seem logical that this could be the case. Anyway I have no idea.

Anyway I am incredibly impressed after 10 minutes of usage, and I would like to thank everyone on Head-Fi for allowing me to make the right decision. Thanks guys.

Rob.

Dec 31, 2004 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 4
What a coincidence, mine arrived today too!
Since I own already some canalphones (sharp, shure, sony), it wasn't very new to me.
Compared to the E2 the E3 is less veiled, clearer, and more lively.
Otherwise they share the same characteristics; wellbehaved, balanced, never sharp (which others of course evaluate less positive as rolled-off highs).
For me the problem was the bass; with the grey tips (I need the largest) there was hardly any bass, the foamies sound much better, bass is good and in balance.
I already like them a lot, and it's often claimed they'll sound even better after some playing time, whatever the reason.
Wearing comfort is better the the E2, they stay in place better, the wires if worn over the ears stay in place better, it doesn't feel so big.
What I hoped for and expected, I'm satisfied so far.

Dec 31, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Bought them here: http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/she3cniseafr.html
Do not forget to ask for anemailoffer; got mine for $125,- p $25,- pp. Is aomething like €110,- not bad considering the storeprices here are €240,-
Came in 4 bussinessdays, no customstrouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back