Finally got a job!!!
Feb 10, 2005 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lewdog

100+ Head-Fier
Yeah, man. I graduated with my Master's in August and have been looking for a job since then. It has been on a magnitude of difficulty higher than I ever thought possible to find something decent around here. I in social services, so it's super slim pickings right now. Anyway--I can't tell you the relief I'm feeling to just have that taken care of for now. Full time with benefits, close to my house, and somewhat reasonable (although still embarrasing by virtue of being social service) pay. It's related to what I want to do, although not exactly the same--but very cool to have a working home for the time being, nonetheless. Anyway--just wanted to share with you all the relief I'm feeling.
And, what will this do in terms of my head-fi involvement? Good question--could see it making me come here less, maybe enjoying my gear as a refuge more, but maybe given the fact that I'll have some income I'll have to discuss upgrades...
It's a happy day for me...

Feb 10, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 9
Congrats.
Save your disposable income and run as far as you can from here!
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by stet
congratulations! good luck with the new environment.

Yeah--I know it sounds funny, but I haven't worked full-time for a couple years. During that time of my life, I let stress get to me pretty badly. Since then I've gotten a lot healthier, but I am a little nervous about going back to full-time. I know that most people work full-time without blinking an eye, but... At least it's somewhat close to what I want to be doing.

Feb 10, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog
... I am a little nervous about going back to full-time.

whoops -- i meant to put in a smiley in my last post. Hope it didn't come across bad.

Nervousness is understandable -- it's an entire shift in schedule and lifestyle. But everything else about the job sounds good -- you need something to worry about, right?
icon10.gif
Forget it and just think how closer you'll be to that amp.

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #7 of 9
I didn't take any offense at all or think it sounded bad.
Yeah, I'm making a very, very conscious effort to stay in a positive mindset about the new position. I'm very much of the opinion that one's interepretations (which you can control) and self-talk determine most of your experience. I'm a mental health counselor--go figure...
Happy with my maxed-out Classic for the time-being. Upgrades to other areas are always possible, though...

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

I'm a mental health counselor--go figure...
Happy with my maxed-out Classic for the time-being. Upgrades to other areas are always possible, though...

might as well get in the habit of updating your profile now
icon10.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

I'm a mental health counselor--go figure...

Physician, heal thyself.
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the job. Don't worry about the butterflies in the stomach. Just about any significant life change is going to generate some anxiety. A month on the job, and it will fit like an old shoe. I ended up taking my first new job after 32 years in the old one. Totally different field of endeavor. I know how intimidating it can be.

Wish you the best of luck in the new position. Keep us posted.

Regards,

BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back