Finally getting a new player! Need Help!
Dec 4, 2011 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

joshky

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! This is my first post here, though ive been lurking every so often for the last year or so.

Recently the crazy thought of purchasing a new music player has crossed my mind. I used to have a iriver lplayer but its mostly collecting dust in place of my samsung galaxy s2. Im interested in getting a new player that will better compliment my UE triplefi10's so i figure you guys might know what to get and have some pointers for me.

Also if possible I'm looking for something WITHOUT wifi. yeah i know its strange but it would be really helpful in my workplace if I dont have a wifi module but thats secondary.

Many thanks!
Josh

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 10
What all are you looking for in a player? There is a lot out there. Whats your budget?

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 10
I dont really have a price in mind yet but I can probably afford anything below 200 bucks, I dont want to go down the expensive road of amps.

Im not good with technical terms but I listen to classical music a lot. not sure if that helps?

Thank you so much!

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 10
Truthfully the ipods are great as is the sansa fuze. Ipod classic has 160 gigs of storage but is a bit over 200.00. you could get one used for close to 100,00.

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 10
Yeah, i think the lower capacity versions are less than 200.
The J3 is a really good player.

What are you looking for in a player, though. High capacity? Equalizer? Long battery life? FLAC?
The J3 has all these things :)

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 10
From what I've been reading, Cowon taylors towards the audiophile crowd, but I use my trusty iPod with a line out adapter, completely bypassing the internal amplifier.

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #9 of 10
What would be a nice DAP under $100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back