Finally found an eBay iRiver H120 with optical out, 8 more left!
Sep 12, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #91 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the Mac terminal, I would go into a directory and enter everything but the quotes "rm -rf ._*" But, I had to go into every directory to do this.

I also had trouble figuring out how to chande to a directory that has a space in the name. Still don't know. Doh!

Here's my workflow to load my rockboxxed IHP 120 from my Ibook. Not as simple as with en Ipod but hey, it has optical out
k1000smile.gif
!

- plug your ihp
- from itunes select the artist / album you want
- right-click : reveal in finder
- drag and drop artist or album folder to your IHP
- when it's full I run this small freeware to automatically clean all the . ans .DS-Store files : Finder Cleaner (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/16996)
- and voilà. A clean and ready to sing IHP...

And btw I have some directories with spaces and it does not troubles my IHP !

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #92 of 133
Atchoum, sorry to hear about your iBook.
redface.gif
Time to upgrade.

PS: Actually, despite our new Macbook iMac and Apple TV with 802.11 network, We still have a working 600Mhz iBook for the kids running with OS 10.4.9, upgraded to 40gb, 384mb ram and CDRW/DVDROM. As long as they don't run more than 1-2 apps at a time, and don't have multiple users signed it it gets the job done. (We had to create a second 802.11g network for the iBook, PCs, Nintendo's and Airport express.)

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:30 AM Post #93 of 133
Quote:

I also had trouble figuring out how to chande to a directory that has a space in the name. Still don't know. Doh!

if ~/test dir/ is the name of your directory:

cd 'test dir'
cd "test dir"
cd test\ dir

all work on my mac in bash.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #94 of 133
noooooo, I missed the mail man today!

No one was home to sign for it so I have to wait for my h120 to come today.

But it's a good thing I guess, because if it came I would never get around to re-cabling my im716's (1 bad resistor somehow led to a recable and a paint job?)

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #95 of 133
Quote:

Atchoum, sorry to hear about your iBook.
redface.gif
Time to upgrade.

ah yes my old ibook (1,2gh though, with and new hd and 1go ram....)... still runs 24/7 without any problem...

Before I upgrade it I need to :

- set up a decent transportable rig (to replace my ihp/px200 combo = stax sr-001 OR ibasso d1 + ??
rolleyes.gif
OR
rolleyes.gif
)

- find the best DAC to replace my modded yulong
icon10.gif

- stop buying audio gear...

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #96 of 133
I did not know there was a player with an optical out. Very nice.

Sep 16, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #98 of 133
Shame, even 40GBs is nowhere near big enough for me. I always found it kind of ironic how the only DAP capable of doing justice to Lossless is limited.

Shame iRiver or no one else put in Optical-outs on all their DAPs, imagine 160GB players with them. I do not like iPoids but I'd buy a new one if it had Optical in a flash.

Sep 16, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #99 of 133
You can always upgrade the hard drive. 160gb HDDs will be available in a few months. They will probably be quite expensive though

Sep 17, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #101 of 133
I have a brand new sealed H120 that I purchased 2 years ago (plus 3 used ones). I've bought and sold quite a few H120s and H140s on eBay - just for kicks.

I'm hoping the demand picks up and I'll liquidate the inventory.

-Pony

Sep 17, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #104 of 133
I remember I was planning on buying an h120 last year and they were going for $130 brand new on ebay. I got my h320 for around 180 shipped instead, and I am kinda regretting that decision now with the D1 out. At the time though, the only option was the microstack, and like hell I was going to pay for that/stick it in my pocket.

Sep 17, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #105 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by MWALK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what do you think a still sealed in the cleaer plastic wrap box H140 is worth? Found one.

You mean untested, unburned-in and possibly DOA unit until you open it and find out?

$200 untested (gamble) $300 tested for working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back