Finally! Dynaudio and Oppo Team Up: Wireless IEM "Enco X"
Mar 18, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #31 of 38
Nice find typo2! I would have thought the non-chinese version of the app will receive the update too. Fingers crossed. Btw is LHDC confirmed for OP9Pro? I have the OP8Pro and it doesn't support the codec, hoping OP will add it in the future, Android 12 perhaps?

Would be a weird omission if they dont, BBK electronics owns Oppo and OnePlus. Both the new find x3 pro and oneplus 9 pro seem to be using the same screen and they share apps such as hey melody across the different brands which I find weird. I'm still getting the phone with or without it as it looks like a Huawei killer which is what I've wanted since they lost google. Would be disappointed if its not included by them, since Huawei, Oppo and Xiaomi all support it and they are trying to compete flagship wise with the oneplus 9 pro. Two things I care about are the cameras and audio, it looks like it might be the camera phone of the year, lets hope for LHDC.

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #32 of 38
If you install the apk from the link I posted before it actually installs in english. Opens up the EQ options. Holy moly, gone is the muddy excitable v shape. They are both way more neutral and clear. Super happy with these now. Its nice to have the EQ presets as an option. Mid range clarity and vocals are improved massively, obviously - sounds wider. Sounds less like im in a bubble now and tonality is a lot more true. A huge improvement imo. Not perfect but close enough. Overall these are my fav now for the convenience/tech and decent sound, I give it a solid 8 for sound and a 9/10 overall just for the design/tech/formfactor. My libratones are finally being retired. I still prefer the sound of the kef mu3 but these are way closer now and these are better in every other way for size/form factor/features etc.

Edit: see pics, green button on the china website for the apk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210319-121531_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-121531_Brave.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210319-121936_HeyMelody.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-121936_HeyMelody.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #33 of 38
Hey Melody with EQ

Had a few people ask me for the APK, I can't find the original link but if you use the link above it's just hosted on my personal cloud storage, I'll leave it there indefinitely until a non-china version of the app is released.

The password to the download is 'headfi' apk is inside the zip so extract it.

I'm using these over the KeF mu3 and M&D MW08 with the "simple and clear" preset - I think overall, these win out of the three for overall features, sound wise it becomes a bit of a preference thing but the Enco X end up being the most neutral, the other two are warm in different parts. I sent back my MD mw08 and kept the kef to gift away, I love them but like the Enco X more. I'm amazed they didn't make them sound like this OOB, but I can see how people can be impressed by the initial v-shape and sucked out midrange. I'm amazed how wide these can sound at times, still yet to listen under LHDC, just Tidal + aac thus far.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #34 of 38
I can confirm Typo2 findings, Oppo Enco X are quite special TWS, especially if you use the latest Heymelody app with EQ to experiment, its clear the development with Oppo / Dynaudio has paid off on these, they are very good indeed.

Even trying only SBC/AAC codec........Android devices are better using SBC codec i believe, ACC works better on Apple devices apparently ? Love to try LHDC Codec on these its equiv to LDAC / APTX HD....... hope this LHDC codec comes to other devices soon other than Oppo/One Plus ?

May 18, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #37 of 38
gow they cimpare vs new OPPO Enco X2 ?
Added a measurement for both, this is the "clear & simple" preset on EncoX vs Enco X Classic on the Enco X2 (the best 2 imo). Harman in ear 2019 for reference. I think the V2 has a bit more life to it. The sound is generally more full bodied, more sub bass, more treble, good midrange, also supports Ldac now. I wish it was aptx adaptive over LDAC but thats personal preference as LDAC is terrible in the city and aptx adaptive I think is better for busy rf environments. They sound good though, definitely an upgrade. The stock EQ on both is awful so change them straight away.

Attachments

• Enco X vs X2.png
    Enco X vs X2.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back