Finally Building My Custom Turntable! **IT'S DONE!**
Oct 20, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #46 of 58
Steve,

Your wonderful turntable here inspired me to buy my first turntable. It is an OEM AT-PL50 (on clearance at radio shack for $50) to play through my speakers (Headphones I fear would be too revealing). Unfortunately, the record shops I went to today were all closed...so I have a turntable and no records. Tomorrow then.

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #51 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The dust cover I had made arrived today.

I'm really loving this table!

So have you played that DSOTM master yet?
wink.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #52 of 58
Amazing craftsmanship!

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #54 of 58
Well done!!!

That is a fantastic build. It must feel really good to sit back and listen to you handiwork in action.

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #55 of 58
Looks fantastic! Great craftsmanship indeed.
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #56 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sweet! Very nicely done!

How does it sound?

Well I'm getting a lot of hum through the Consonance SUT I purchased, however my speakers are single driver Fostex based Omegas, so they're efficient enough that I get plenty of gain through my speaker rig without the SUT, and it sounds fantastic. I think I have everything dialed in to their best settings. Bass is really good, soundstaging is really incredible and I quite prefer this system to my digital rig in most circumstances. I really like the on the fly VTA adjustments of the Riggle too!

I'm expecting a Cinemag SUT that's being sent for my audition, and I'm hoping that will resolve the hum issue I'm currently having with my SUT. If so I'll pick up some Cinemags and wire them into my existing Pass Pearl phono stage to reduce ICs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to find some folks who are good at wookworking and figure out some way to make some boxes for pimetas and such. interested?
wink.gif

I've got a big backlog of work ATM, and I'm one of those guys who hates building the same thing twice. Thanks though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So have you played that DSOTM master yet?
wink.gif

Oh hell yeah! That and The Doors are seeing a lot of spin time. They're fantastic! I haven't yet listened to the others, but will soon.

You my friend have a really nice stand in your future!

Thanks for all the nice comments! It has been a very rewarding build indeed.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #58 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You my friend have a really nice stand in your future!

Sweeeeet!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back