Finalizing a Berkeley date!
Feb 7, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
22 people voted in the poll... and I'll assume those are all valid votes of people that are interested in participating. (and not people from elsewhere voting for fun.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

what makes you say there isn't much interest?

Sorry, looking at the wrong place. I was looking at how many people post response to this thread. I didn't realize there was another page showing the result of the poll.

I have not had a chance to get to San Mateo. (Taking care of a baby is a full time job x2 for both me and my wife) I will call my cousin in the next couple of days.

Feb 8, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #17 of 43
Now that the vote seems tied up (it's 8-8-10 at the time of this post)... What now?.. LOL..

I can attend either dates... and I'll be bringing:

Source:
SACDmods CE775

Amps:
Emmeline HR-2
WooAudio-1
LaRocco PocketReference (not the newest version) depending on if the power supply gets here on time.
Porta Corda MKII

Headphones:
Audio Technica A900
Sony MDR-F1
Ultimate Ears UE5c
Sensaphonics ProPhonic Soft 2X
Sony MDR-CD3000 w/ Headphile mods (wood & cable)

Other stuff:
Apple iPod 4G
Ten Technology naviPlay

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #18 of 43
I can also attend both dates. I can bring:

Sources:
NAD C521BEE
Benchmark DAC1
Panasonic DVD-S47 (DVD-A transport for DAC1)

Amplifier:
Upgraded Sonic Impact T-amp

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD650+Zu Mobius-XLR
AKG K1000+Stefan AudioArt cable
Sennheiser HD25-1
Alessandro MS1
Koss KSC75 with Burton beanie
Beyerdynamic DT770-80

Portable:
iRiver SlimX iMP-550

Power:
PS Audio P300
PS Audio assorted power cables

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #19 of 43
If it's the 19th I can come, and I can bring:

Amp:
Gilmore Lite plus dedicated power supply

Headphones:
Senn HD650 (with stock cable and with Zu Mobius)
Sony MDR-F1
Audio-Technica A900
Koss KSC-35
Etymotic ER6i (if it arrives in time)

DAPs:
60 GB iPod photo
U2 iPod (which is of course a 4th gen 20 GB iPod)
1 GB iPod shuffle

Computer:
Titanium Powerbook (to demonstrate the flexibility with which you can manage your playlist for the iPod shuffle)

Portable iPod speakers:
Altec Lansing inMotions
JBL OnStage
Bose SoundDock
MacAlly PodWave (just for laughs)

Plus too many iPod accessories to mention.

I also have an old Sony SACD/DVD player but I don't think I wanna lug that heavy thing to the meet.

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #20 of 43
19th:

K501 with 4N silver upgrade cable
K-12M ghetto-looking tubeamp
60 gig zen xtra
nothing else, though. i can only bring so much back with me at a time, you know

btw, if the date for the 19th isn't finalized by thursday night, then i won't be here on the 19th or at all for that matter.

Feb 9, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #22 of 43
I will be out of town on the 19th. If we do it on the 26th, I can bring:

* AKG K501
* AKG K271 with stock and Zu cables
* HD280 with Tyson's blu-tak mod (purchased from Tyson)
* HD25-SP and HD25-1 (compare 'em for yourself)
* Gilmore Lite V2 (Elpac PSU)

Can also bring the following if anyone mentions interest:
* Sony D303 PCDP (famous for its line-out, tho I think D303 < iPod 2G < iPod 4G)
* Senn HD545 (I think I've heard that the the HD580 was based on this)
* Headsave MiniMe 8620/24V and Home-Vibe 8620/24V (compare a buffered and unbuffered amp)
* JMT portable PIMETA
* Porta-Corda II

Feb 9, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #23 of 43
I can bring:

Headphones
Senn HD-580
Grado SR-225 w/ flats, bowls, comfies & VWAPs
Grado SR-60 w/ Senn 414 pads

Amp
Gilmore Lite w/ standard ps

DACs
Rotel RDP-980
Entech 205.2
Audio Alchemy DDE 1.2
Audio Alchemy DDE 1.1 (probably have it in time)

Misc.
Digital Domain FCN-1 (connects up to 4 DACs to a single transport)
Theta Time Linque Conditioner (jitter box, probably have it in time)
NEC MultiSpin 6Xe (I can bring up to 4 of these if we need some extra transports laying around)
laptop w/ M-Audio Sonica (if I can borrow one from work)
Quintete Switcher (maybe...its still being built. In England.)

Sounds like a fun meet so far...really looking forward to it!

Feb 9, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #24 of 43
I can do only the 19th, if the meeting is held in the morning/early afternoon. I can bring
- AKG K501, Beyer DT880
- brand new Onix XCD-88 CDP (Shanling S100 rebranded)
- CI-Audio VDA-1 DAC
- brand new Supreme with Premium mod, PS upgrade (being built, should be there in time)
I will also have my travel gear since I am leaving for Europe (what's why I can't do the 26th)
If there is interest I can bring along my HK CDR26 which is for sale

Feb 11, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #25 of 43
Good news! My cousin finally called me back. She said it would be OK for us to use the space. It might be crowded for 15-20 people. (But we can kick some people downstairs or out to the sidewalks
biggrin.gif
)

I will try to visit the place tomorrow to make sure it will work, and make sure we have enough outlets. (Hopefully, they are 20 amp lines)

Just to reiterate. It will be $10 per person "cover charge" and you have to purchase a drink from downstairs. (this is to pay for renting the space) There's no elevator, so you will have to carry your equipment up the stairs. Because there are liability issues if somebody injures themselves, I would like everyone showing up also to sign a liability waiver.

If this is OK with everyone, and the place checks out OK tomorrow, consider the space available! I will post an official note tomorrow.

Feb 11, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #26 of 43
Can one of you guys finalize the date and time, and organize the information so we know who's coming, what equipment will be there? (I would normally volunteer, but now I got a kid, my priorities have changed) Sometime in the afternoon would be great.

Thanks in advance...

Feb 11, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #27 of 43
We've got 8 votes for the 19th, 9 votes for the 26th, and 12 for both, so it looks like the 26th wins.

I'll keep a running list updated in this post. If your name is on this list, it means 1.) you can make it on the 26th, 2.) you can pay a $10 cover charge and buy a drink while you're there, and 3.) you're willing to sign a waiver. So far we've got:

gundam91
clarke68
lindrone
NeilPeart
amb
episiarch
KurtW
ayt999
utep10
dipswitch

Go ahead and leave a post or PM me if you want your name added or removed from the list.

For now let's say 1 pm, but I'll leave the time open for a few more days in case anybody has any strong feelings about it. What time do Head-Fi meets usually start?

Feb 11, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #28 of 43
I can make it but would need a ride... a ride with lots of cargo space probably.
biggrin.gif

$10 cover charge? this better be a very nice place.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarke68
For now let's say 1 pm, but I'll leave the time open for a few more days in case anybody has any strong feelings about it. What time do Head-Fi meets usually start?

Pretty normal timing for the meet to start.. and consider my appointments confirmed
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarke68
so it looks like the 26th wins.

I'll keep a running list updated in this post. If your name is on this list, it means 1.) you can make it on the 26th, 2.) you can pay a $10 cover charge and buy a drink while you're there, and 3.) you're willing to sign a waiver. So far we've got:

Count me in for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back