Final word for Zen lovers
May 18, 2005 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

South_Korean

1000+ Head-Fier
do the zen micros still have the same problems that they have been having when they first came out? you know, the connection problems, the headphone jack losing its connection too? if so i want one. i can choose between the micro or the h10.

which player's sound is more superior to the other?

May 18, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Purchased mine Nov. 22 and i got the headphone jack problem this last weekend. Luckily Creative has started fixing the headphone jack failures for free as long as your warranty is still valid. See my thread on the front page for a bit more info.

May 18, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 5
ive owned both players. returned the h10 and got the micro. (obviously i prefer micro) so here is pro's con's IMO.
H10
Pro-Color screen, sleek look, random play seemed more random. displays clock on main screen. Mistikriver forum

Con- froze up a lot, must use WMP, horrible w/ Napster to Go and similar services because the clock looses a minute every night. scroll wheel would get stuck a lot meaning you having remove battery to reset. playlists are always missing something or dont show up at all after sync. (perhaps some of these have been fixed through firmware updates)

Mico-
Pro-reliable, owned almost 4 months no problems whatsoever (including jack) sound is superior, neon light is nice. touchpad is awsome once you get used to it, software is good. playlists transfer more reliably then h10. can also use as harddrive and sync w/ outlook (not that i ever use these)

Con- battery life is shorter than they claim (i average 7-8 hrs), random doesnt seem that random at times. when power off goes to standby for 24 hrs (meaning battery runs down a little even when off) supposedly a new firmware is coming out to change the 24hrs to 4hr. (i think) also havent found any micro forums that i like.

Creative has supposedly fixed the jack problem in their newest produced micros. not sure when these shipped or how you can confirm that your purchasing a new one.

HTH

May 20, 2005 at 12:56 PM Post #5 of 5
They've fixed the headphone jack problem, mine was replaced under warranty (they sent me a new one in less than a week, very impressed!) and the new jack seems stronger and a bit bigger and doesnt move around as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back