Final Round: Zen Sleek vs. iAudio X5
Jan 28, 2006 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Melik

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, maybe you'll remember, i'll started a topic.
I asked you wich DAP i should buy (wich has no color screen etc.)

i decided to go for the Zen Sleek or the iHP-120.
but after i saw that the iHP-120 is pretty old and hard to find, i decided to buy the Sleek.

but:

it costs 250$... and the X5 too
eek.gif

Now, the X5 offers more specs (like color screen etc.) wich i don't need.

but i still don't know wich one to buy...

Please - Please help me
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 13
if you were gonna spend 250 on a zen sleek why not get the zen touch 20 gb for like 40 dollars cheaper or get the 40 gb which is the same price as the sleek

also where are you looking to buy them? amazon is like out of them, jandr, and newegg doesnt have them. havent checked creatives site yet.

PS i was also looking at the sleek but if the price is the same at creatives site i might just go for the touch.

EDIT ///// checked creatives site and they have sleeks for 269 What???

i dunno if anyone know where else in the us they sell sleeks let me know otherwise im just gonna get the touch or something

Jan 29, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
if you were gonna spend 250 on a zen sleek why not get the zen touch 20 gb for like 40 dollars cheaper or get the 40 gb which is the same price as the sleek

Because FM Radio is a Must 4 me.

Quote:

also where are you looking to buy them? amazon is like out of them, jandr, and newegg doesnt have them. havent checked creatives site yet.

http://www.techdepot.com/product.asp...affid=10000485
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...=0&dcaid=17379
http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/..._id=mwbfroogle
http://shopping.discovery.com/produc...d=40587878-2-0

Just Froogle for zen sleek and you'll find more
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 13
I listened to my brother's zen sleek today, which has exactly the same files as my zen micro, with a pair of super.fi3s. I thought it sounded slightly muddy in comparison, but it was a much less fatiguing experience. The soundstage was also more forward and natural. Probably better for casual listening. Don't know anything about the iaudio x5, but it seems to be extremely popular among headfiers. I would check it out if I were you.

Jan 29, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

i thought the touch had an fm radio.

No its only got fm radio when you buy the remote. Which is quite expensive.

Jan 29, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #9 of 13
get the X5. i had the Sleek. i wouldnt say there was anything too bad about it, besides it was boring, and the dust gets trapped in the screen.

i love my X5. does everything a DAP should do, plus more. the voice recording is AMAZING i think, and it gets very good fm radio(good enough to hear my teams lose
rolleyes.gif
).

i'm rather indecisive with DAP's, the lonest i ever had one being 7 months, but let me tell you, i think this X5's a keeper.

Jan 29, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #11 of 13
hmm i dunno, does the sleek really sound muddy ?.

and i'm afraid of buying a X5, cuz you never know when the X6 will come out
wink.gif

i'm waiting for more replies
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 1:08 PM Post #12 of 13
The new Cowon player is going to be that small 0.85 inch harddrive thing. Seeing as there's no snippits on all the Cowon fan sites (like iaudiophile.com) about the replacement to the X5 I'm assuming that it's not going to be out for a while (they did say that they'd heard/seen the X5 almost a year before it had ever been released)

I like my X5 - but then the main thing I wanted was drag/drop functionality as well as the ability to record direct to MP3 and there's not that many players offering that around. The radio works fairly well (though I don't use it very much)

Jan 29, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #13 of 13
Go for the X5. Better file support mattered to me and is one of the key features of the X5. Not needing any software to load music: priceless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back