Final Poll, where the Head-Fi decide what I should get!
Feb 12, 2008 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Dregur

100+ Head-Fier
Apparently, I cannot make this decision myself, so I leave it up to you guys, the Head-Fi community, to decide for me.

Right now I'm using a Zune 30 with Xtreme FS-1, the only reason I am unhappy with the Zune 30 is because it's a tad large, and the battery life is just not very good. I basically have to recharge it every day just to have enough juice for work and the bus ride to and from work.

I would like to have at least 8GB of memory (I currently have 16 Gigs worth of music, not including any video, but I really only listen to half of it). I'm mainly going to be using the player for music, but would like a relatively good screen as I do not like to squint while changing music on the run.

I prefer using the player in one hand, as again, I'm usually walking about when I'm using the player.

Pocketability is important.

I mainly listen to rock music, but my music taste is pretty eclectic.

Most I'm willing to spend is $250

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 23
more choice

iaudio 7, D2

Feb 12, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 23
I don't like the iAudio 7 because of the smallish screen.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 23
The Social will not let you get out of it.....muahahahaha !

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #9 of 23
Wow. It's actually a really tight race so far. At this point, I'm really not leaning towards any of them right now. I think I am gonna try and buy one of these players by the end of the week however....

Thanks!

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #12 of 23
Question about the SQ of either the Cowon D2 or the Sony A818...but how do they sound compared to the Zune 30? Brighter? Colder?

Just seeing if I can get a comparison to see what I can expect with the sound I'd be getting.

Thanks!

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #13 of 23
I have not heard the Zune 30 (does it sound like teh Zune 80?). One thing I can tell you though is that bothe the Sony and the Cowon have customizable EQs which the Zune does not. Obviously this makes it much easier to fine tune your music tou your musical tastes.

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not heard the Zune 30 (does it sound like teh Zune 80?). One thing I can tell you though is that bothe the Sony and the Cowon have customizable EQs which the Zune does not. Obviously this makes it much easier to fine tune your music tou your musical tastes.

I don't particularly like using EQ's unless I absolutely have to, I gotta say.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #15 of 23
Zune 80.

Longer battery life and a smaller size. Just what you wanted.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back