[FINAL LIST ANNOUNCED]Aune S6 32BIT/384K DSD 128 DAC/Amp Worldwide Review Tour!
Feb 17, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #106 of 137
Looks like I'm not on the list. Well, congratulations to the people who made it and happy listening!

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #109 of 137
malaysian / Singaporean can contact me for potential off the grid reviews

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #110 of 137
I have forgot that I actually enlisted here 
jecklinsmile.gif
 I haven't been chosen, but what do I care? Not long after my initial post I went on to buy the real thing :wink:

I had a chance to compare it to Aune's S16 at a local meeting some weeks ago and the S6 has exceeded my expectations. Although it is cheaper than the late S16, its AMP section is better – although differently sounding – and slightly more potent. The S6 is neutral, so definitely a better fit with darker headphones such as my NightHawks. On the other side, it's not as good with headphones such as Beyerdynamic's T90 – their presentation may appear harsh, especially after prolonged listening. The latter are a better fit with the old S16 that had a warm sound signature, so that their overall presentation was more akin to S6 paired with NightHawks.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #111 of 137
My review unit just arrived!

The reviewing headphone on top. 

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #112 of 137

Will be using this stack to compare in my upcoming review hehe.

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #113 of 137
Congratulations to NO.47 @.Sup
 on winning a beta M1s from the lucky draw!

wow I'm ecstatic right now! I was just about to go to bed but couldn't quite, the Jazz didn't let me and check Head-fi after a week and this great news awaits me! Thank you so much Aune Audio for this happy moment.
Will do a review when I get it. :)

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #114 of 137
Now im left with pictures to complete the review to the Aune. 

A side note: The included VE earphones with balance is rather interesting.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #116 of 137
  My review unit just arrived!

The reviewing headphone on top. 

By reputation that stack doesn't have the power to drive the Abyss adequately. Most folks throw HE-6 and AKG K1000 levels of power at the Abyss. The Aune S6 isn't designed to maintain 8W (that's the max, 1W is the average level). The TT doesn't say anywhere what it's power output is, so maybe it will do it--Chord should really tell us the power output :| . Are you pairing a headphone amp with this stack?

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #117 of 137
I have the cayin iha6 which runs 7w per channel for balance. That said between it and TT at lower volume for the abyss, there's really not much diff. Infact for my genra of song which rarely have wild swings in volume, the TT direct outperforms the iha6 at times. The TT with the Super caps do have better control I felt. Hugo which is everything similar save the caps and outputs perform a lot lower to me for the abyss. That said my volume is too Low for many people. Most people that tries out my equipment dails around 20-25% louder in terms of volume.

Back to the S6, there is a distinct characteristic of the sound that can be heard through the abyss or the supplied balanced VE earphones. I'll probably confirm it in tonight listening with the kse1500 which I felt is the best dac tester to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back