Final JH3A revision Impressions
Oct 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #184 of 254
Has anyone altered anything inside their JH3A yet?  I would love to had DSD playback through the JH3A.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #186 of 254
Mine wasn't loud at all when I first got it, even at full volume. I sent it back and it was adjusted, now it is like yours.

Just wonder what was your source before you send it in? Does your source has volume control? What about the volume when you connect with usb from pc was it also not loud enough before the fix?

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #188 of 254
Quote:
Just wonder what was your source before you send it in? Does your source has volume control? What about the volume when you connect with usb from pc was it also not loud enough before the fix?

LOD from ipod so volume control had no effect. USB didn't work right with my comp at first, but it's fine now.

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #191 of 254
Could someone point me towards a good 1/8 inch S/PDIF coax cable to use with my JH3a?

Contact drew at moon audio he can make you one.

Dec 23, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #192 of 254
Thanks, I came to pretty much the same conclusions, just wondering if there were any others out there. A worry with the moon audio cable was that the 1/8 inch mini which would go into my computers 1/8 output might not transmit the 24 bit 96kHz signal I'm hoping for. I mostly use a USB when hooking up my rig, and find USBs more reliable then the 1/8 inch minis. (Standard Dell desktop)

PS. Any input on which of these is better for the JH3a: Silver Dragons (~$300), TWag V3 Hybrid (~$550), Chris's Cables (~$80) and maybe the V5t (~$150).
I'm currently leaning towards the TWag V3 hybrid and Chris's Cables as a backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back