Final JH3A revision Impressions
Jul 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #136 of 254
Yeah Craig mentioned that he's pretty busy - I am pretty sure that we are on the same page, but will follow up with him - he's also going to do the Twag / Twcu hybrid oem replacement for the 16Pros as well.

Jul 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #138 of 254
Hey,

I've been out of the game for a while and looking at getting a pair of JH-16 with a JH-3A, I was wondering if there still was outrageous delays with deliveries, I remember a lot of angry people with delayed orders a few month ago, any clue of when I could get one if I was ordering today? Don't really want to wait for more than a month since I need a portable setup for the vacations.

(And yes I will contact them, just checking here and keeping the thread active :p)

thx

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #139 of 254
Quote:
Hey,

I've been out of the game for a while and looking at getting a pair of JH-16 with a JH-3A, I was wondering if there still was outrageous delays with deliveries, I remember a lot of angry people with delayed orders a few month ago, any clue of when I could get one if I was ordering today? Don't really want to wait for more than a month since I need a portable setup for the vacations.

(And yes I will contact them, just checking here and keeping the thread active :p)

thx

6 weeks for me. 

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #140 of 254
6 weeks from when your impression arrived at there lab. Don't forget to count for another shipping back to you.

Anyway, any one own the moon audio silver dragon cable for jh3a now? Can you share the experience? I want to whether it added the headroom when using it.

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #141 of 254
Cirrus CS47048c-CQZ DSP..

intresting.

Features:
Cirrus 470XX specs • Multichannel 32-bit audio processing at 150 MHz with dual MACs & 72-bit accumulator
• Advanced Delta-Sigma converter architecture
• Single-ended or differential analog I/O
• Up to 4-channel 24-bit, 105 dB ADC
• Stereo 5:1 analog input MUX
• Up to 8-channel 24-bit, 105 dB DAC
• Integrated 192 kHz S/PDIF Rx and Tx
• Integrated multichannel, reassignable SRCs
• Supports both TDM (Time-division Multiplexed) and standard serial audio formats
• SPI™/I2CR serial control port
• Low-power standby: 350 μW
• 32 K x 32 RAM which is reassignable
• DSP Composer GUI simplifies programming and generation of custom signal processing using extensive library of primitives
• Licensed third party audio processing algorithms in ROM, plus extensive library of Cirrus proprietary downloadable and customizable firmware
• Excellent development tools to simply system design and provide faster time to market
• Easy to design – most standard processing features and some third party algorithms in ROM
• Best in class analog performance and sound quality
• High level of integration enables small PCB footprint and lower system cost
• No external memory needed
the SDK for that chip is fairly straight forward. All GUI based unless you are doing some crazy stuff.

SDK is called DSP Composer

so why am I posting this?

just because JH Audio could not "sell" the active x-over design due to the patent does not mean we as tommy toggles, audio tweakers, audio enthusist can not make the DSP do active x-over ourselves especailly with the SDK in hand. Also we can tweak the sound thanks to the DSP supporting EQ (Parametric and  :wink:

More than likely (guessing) is that the USB port is also used to do the DSP tweaks which makes this a learning excersice in using DSP composer. :wink:

With that said, JH audio more than likely encrypted what they did so it might have to be a ground up build.

***DISCLAIMER***
of course, we are on our own here! IMO, don't do even attempt this unless you are a programmer by profession!!!
***END DISCLAIMER***

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #144 of 254
Just wonder what gain problem were you having? Is it just the amp or is it with the earpiece also.
I just order mine last week so want to know what to look for when it arrive.

Thanks

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #145 of 254
Quote:
Just wonder what gain problem were you having? Is it just the amp or is it with the earpiece also.
I just order mine last week so want to know what to look for when it arrive.
Thanks

The volume when cranked full just barely hit comfort listening level. They cranked the gain a bit so now it works like a normal volume control. 

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #146 of 254
Quote:
The volume when cranked full just barely hit comfort listening level. They cranked the gain a bit so now it works like a normal volume control. 

Should that really have to happen this far into development of the product (you sending the unit back)? Do you listen at extreme volumes comfortably? That you needed to send your unit back for software tweaks is a bit....off to me. I would think that when you receive your unit it is perfect. Why should it not be?

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #147 of 254
Quote:
6 weeks from when your impression arrived at there lab. Don't forget to count for another shipping back to you.
Anyway, any one own the moon audio silver dragon cable for jh3a now? Can you share the experience? I want to whether it added the headroom when using it.

ah 6 weeks that's SO long :) someone want to sell me theirs :hint:hint:

Jul 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #148 of 254
I just received my Moon Audio JH-3a cables... they sound amazing. My only (albeit minor) gripe is around how they terminate into the IEMs. They are a tad bit bulkier so upon initial wear, they are a bit more noticeable, though the additional weight tends to fade away after a few moments. I definitely recommend buying them...

If anyone is interested, I can upload some pics when I get home...

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #149 of 254
Quote:

Did you get any interim communications?  I'm just coming up on 4 weeks since ordering and no acknowledgement other than the initial receipt and the website status of 'Payment Received'.  Was going to check in with them, but if silence is normal then I guess I'll just have to stay patient.

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #150 of 254
Quote:
I just received my Moon Audio JH-3a cables... they sound amazing. My only (albeit minor) gripe is around how they terminate into the IEMs. They are a tad bit bulkier so upon initial wear, they are a bit more noticeable, though the additional weight tends to fade away after a few moments. I definitely recommend buying them...

If anyone is interested, I can upload some pics when I get home...

yes please upload the pic.  I want to see how different from the stock cable and moon audio cable when you wear it.  Also, I try to figure out what is the best way to hook it up for portable and make it digital.   How do you chain them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back