Final Fantasy IV: Celtic Moon
Jan 23, 2002 at 7:49 AM Post #16 of 28
Yep edog you've hit on the heart of the matter.
cool.gif
The official recording company that has been licensed by Squaresoft is Digicube. Digicube's CDs are the ones that are cost $30+. Now if you just want the music, those Everanime or Sonmay CDs are fine, but if you're a diehard FF fan, you just wanna go all out on the merchandise.
evil_smiley.gif
Officially those two company's CDs are considered as pirated CDs...

With careful searching though you can buy the Digicube CDs online for very close or the same price as those non-official ones. The FFX soundtrack sells on Ebay for $30-35 for the Everanime variation, but YesAsia sells the Digicube version for $35, which is where I got mine. Took over a month to get it though, but well worth the wait.
smily_headphones1.gif

And all of a sudden people want more music recommendations from me.
evil_smiley.gif
You sure you want recommendations from somebody that listens to Aqua?
rolleyes.gif
I haven't bothered recommending music for the past several months since there remains an overall sense that *AHEM* only classical or jazz or rock is appropriate for discussion.
rolleyes.gif
I almost didn't want to say anything about Secret Garden which was why I checked to see "if we're on the same page" before saying anything more.

With that said...I'll open up my binder and let out a few of the CDs I've hoarded these past couple of months...

Vanessa Mae...she only has two CDs of her own.
Bond - Born (my current avatar...Vanessa Mae x 4 basically)
Yuri - Chika Hana
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz soundtrack
Hiroshima - Best of Hiroshima
Music Inspired by Middle Earth

Hardly everything I bought recently but these are what me, myself, and I think sounds good.
redface.gif

Jan 23, 2002 at 6:01 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Vertigo-1 said...

And all of a sudden people want more music recommendations from me.
evil_smiley.gif
You sure you want recommendations from somebody that listens to Aqua?
rolleyes.gif
I haven't bothered recommending music for the past several months since there remains an overall sense that *AHEM* only classical or jazz or rock is appropriate for discussion.
rolleyes.gif
I almost didn't want to say anything about Secret Garden which was why I checked to see "if we're on the same page" before saying anything more.

Well, I thought my "Shakira" thread went over w/o alot of bashing, and that's certainly not stereotypical audiophile material. You should know by now that classical and jazz aren't my main listening areas, nor for some others here. As for Aqua... well, can't say I liked the samples I heard, but for every Aqua you suggest, I figure I've got decent odds of finding another Keiko Matsui, so suggest away.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #18 of 28
I like Aqua, Vert, so even though I don't always respond out loud, I am paying attention to your recommendations.

Vanessa Mae x 4, huh? So what would that be, pop classical? Do you like the Cirque du Soleil stuff?

Jan 26, 2002 at 8:15 AM Post #19 of 28
Hmm.. anymore recommendations?
smily_headphones1.gif

I like the FF7 and FF8 orchestra CDs, Xenogears: Creid (which I found weird at first, but the more I listen to it the more I grew to love it), as well as the Neon Genesis Evangelion orchestral (2CD set). I have Celtic Moon, but for some reason I don't like it as much as the others.. maybe I'll just have to listen to it more.

Jan 26, 2002 at 2:46 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1

Bond - Born (my current avatar...Vanessa Mae x 4 basically)

LOL
biggrin.gif

Yup, just saw their video with all of them in transparent negligees performing thigh deep in the oh-so-foamy sea...

I guess all female pop-classical violinists got to do the vanessa mae sea-waves thing ... hehe
wink.gif

(and yes, i'm a singaporean who can't help castigating a scandalous fellow semi-singaporean...
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Jan 27, 2002 at 10:56 PM Post #21 of 28
If you think Bond's good on CD, you haven't seen them yet till you get their DVD of their live performance at London. Now that's some good stuff.
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 1:57 AM Post #23 of 28
Moderator close this thread...PLEASE!

Jan 29, 2002 at 4:55 AM Post #24 of 28
Vertigo, is that 'music inspired by middle earth' disc this one by David Arkenstone, by any chance? He's one of my favorite musicians, and I really want to pick this up, but I have no cash until this Friday.

Jan 29, 2002 at 12:43 PM Post #25 of 28
Yep, that's the disc alright. I finally got a chance to listen to the whole disc, and man it's an awesome disc. IMO much better than the original soundtrack, and more easily conveys the sense of the whole Lord of the Rings environment.

Jan 31, 2002 at 10:46 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
...another one I really want is the Final Fantasy 8 orchestral CD (forgot the title of it), but that one's $35.
frown.gif

The orchestrated Final Fantasy VIII album is called Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec. I was very happy when I first found a copy to buy, but it turned to be a major letdown for me. The best sounding tracks are exactly the same as the orchestrated tracks on the original soundtrack. There are maybe two to three other decent or good tracks on the disc. Other than that, I felt that a lot of the songs were done by a quick one day orchestral recording session and had a very low quality to it, almost as if the conductor sucked and the orchestra could only play at less than the level of a good high school band. Very little dynamics, playing the music *much* slower than the game/synth version; basically sounding like garbage. One of my friend is a diehard FF music fan and decided not to buy this album after listening to my copy. I would recommend auditioning this somewhere before shelling out the money for it.

Jan 31, 2002 at 10:51 AM Post #27 of 28
Good grief, no wonder I forgot the disc's name.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for letting me know about the recording quality, I'll do some MP3s of it first perhaps, or skip it entirely...

Jan 31, 2002 at 3:28 PM Post #28 of 28
Hey, the FF X domestic OST is out at AnimeNation. Has anybody given this OST a listen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back