Final episode "ST Enterprise" tonight
May 13, 2005 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
Tonight is the 2hr final episode of UPN "ST Enterprise" who will be watching this?

This lastest Star Trek series has been plagued by lame first couple seasons, final season is much better quality but too little too late it seems. The sleaze factor has been ramped up for last few episodes with green dancers and various crew members jumping in and out of beds.
tongue.gif

Also the fools at UPN management who moved this to friday night time slot in direct competition with SciFi channel top shows needs to be fired, doesn't take rocket scientist to figure out you are dividing up core audience.

I saw the 1st season DVD set at Best Buy and was floored by price $110 (retail $134) don't think these will be jumping off the shelves.

May 13, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Tonight is the 2hr final episode of UPN "ST Enterprise" who will be watching this?

This lastest ST series has been plagued by lame first couple seasons, final season is much better quality but too little too late it seems. The sleaze factor has been ramped up for last few episodes with green dancers and various crew members jumping in and out of beds.
tongue.gif

Also the fools at UPN management who moved this to friday night time slot in direct competition with SciFi channel top shows needs to be fired, doesn't take rocket scientist to figure out you are dividing up core audience.

I saw the 1st season DVD set at Best Buy and was floored by price $110 (retail $134) don't think these will be jumping off the shelves.

Oh yes. I don't think Paramount should hold it's breath with Enterprise DVD sales.
wink.gif

Glad to see it go, actually. Better dead, for a while anyway, than absolutely positively butchered.

May 13, 2005 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 31
Also the last epsisode of "Andromeda" is approaching so the Scifi genre is being gutted for new TV episodes. Now we are left with:

Stargate SG1
Stargate Atlantis
Battlestar Gallactica

May 13, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 31
A couple of nights ago while channel surfing I came across some entertainment show where the host was interviewing Trip Tucker from ST Enterprise and Uhura from the original ST up on separate screens. He mentioned to Uhura that she had set a television "first" by sharing the first television inter-racial kiss with Kirk. They discussed it a bit and then the host turned to Tucker and mentioned he too was involved in a television "first" .... being the first man on TV to get pregnant. Uhura couldn't stop laughing about Tucker's "first".

Sort of sums up the social impact and meaningfulness of both shows nicely.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

All the Star Trek series DVD Season sets have been expensive.

I'm glad they will finally give Star Trek a rest. New producers have been needed for a long time.

May 13, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 31
Thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot (
eek.gif
). I'd have to watch it on an eastern channel so it doesn't conflict with other shows.
wink.gif

May 13, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 31
Be amusing to see how many former Star Trek characters they can stick into final two episodes tonight in an attempt to tie together all the storylines from the past.

I saw on previews that Riker and Counseler Troy with make appearance, what about James T Kirk and Jean Luc Piccard??????

May 13, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #8 of 31
It's B&B's last gasp, their final attempt at not being heckled and hung out to dry by rehashing older characters to try to bolster a miserable showing.

May 13, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 31
i heard the last scene of enterprise has captain archer staring in a mirror, saying, "oh boy!".

May 13, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
i heard the last scene of enterprise has captain archer staring in a mirror, saying, "oh boy!".

"Oh boy, I can't believe I was stupid enough to sign this Paramount contract!!!"

May 13, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Also the last epsisode of "Andromeda" is approaching so the Scifi genre is being gutted for new TV episodes. Now we are left with:

Stargate SG1
Stargate Atlantis
Battlestar Gallactica

Our last hope for SciFi TV is in Vancouver.

Makes me want to move to Vancouver.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

May 13, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter

Nice, that could be the first "Quantum Leap" reference I've seen on Head-Fi.

*edit* I just realized this is my 100th post. 100 posts in 2 years, just burning up the forums, huh?

May 13, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by chosen1
Nice, that could be the first "Quantum Leap" reference I've seen on Head-Fi.

Oh, is that's what it is supposed to represent? They are so out of ideas that they need to steal the final line from another show entirely??

Truly, truly sad. Kill them now, they truly have no reason to live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back