final decision??? helppp
Dec 8, 2004 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

X14Halo

Head-Fier
I have decided to go with the Grado SR225's after alot of research and reading through these threads. I can get them for $166. I'm just asking one final time before I purchase them... do u guys think there is better headphones for under $200 for listening to rock, metal, jazz,(on laptop and iPod) and also for playing games like counterstrike. And yes...i know there is probably a million threads on this. I just need a quick decision. Don't say anything about best value etc... this will be a christmas present from my mom, so anything under 200 bucks will do. Thank you!
lambda.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 11
i have the A900's and use them on my ipod and laptop all the time, work fine, but at totally 100% not portable. Other then that, they are some of the best sounding headphones in the price range, i doubt they can be beat.

Dec 8, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by X14Halo
I have decided to go with the Grado SR225's after alot of research and reading through these threads. I can get them for $166. I'm just asking one final time before I purchase them... do u guys think there is better headphones for under $200 for listening to rock, metal, jazz,(on laptop and iPod) and also for playing games like counterstrike. And yes...i know there is probably a million threads on this. I just need a quick decision. Don't say anything about best value etc... this will be a christmas present from my mom, so anything under 200 bucks will do. Thank you!
lambda.gif

I love the 225's. Worst ever mistake I made is selling these phones.

Dec 8, 2004 at 6:07 AM Post #7 of 11
actualli i take some time to really enjoy the grados , at first i was abit pissed at its brightness but later i am completely in love these cans make my TOOL come ALIVE
biggrin.gif
just get the cans with good cheap amps like headsave classic or glimore lite and be satisfied with it .

Dec 8, 2004 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 11
is the Grado SR225 good without an amp? or should i just go for another set of headphones... i dont have the extra money for an amp. i will primarily be using it with my laptop + audigy 2 zs notebook soundcard, as well as with my iPod.
edit: keep in mind that i am currently using the default iPod headphones (go ahead ... laugh it up
rolleyes.gif
) so i should be very easily impressed no matter what...haha

Dec 8, 2004 at 6:19 AM Post #9 of 11
it is fine without an amp. maybe you get sr225 1st then later get an amp. a900 has more mixed feelings than sr225 , so its safer to get the grados

Dec 8, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

is the Grado SR225 good without an amp? or should i just go for another set of headphones... i dont have the extra money for an amp. i will primarily be using it with my laptop + audigy 2 zs notebook soundcard, as well as with my iPod.
edit: keep in mind that i am currently using the default iPod headphones (go ahead ... laugh it up
rolleyes.gif

Grado's in general sound quite good without an amp. Later on when you have more money you can buy an amp for them and they will sound better.

Dec 8, 2004 at 6:50 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

For computer games, I really believe Sennheiser HD590 a good choice. However, Grado SR225 is always not wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back