Final Conclusion!
Mar 5, 2005 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

TURBO

1000+ Head-Fier
After comparing these brands, my thesis concluded:

Ety sound = Grado sound
Shure sound = Sennheiser sound

So, according to your brand preferences, now you can choose your next canal phones.

Etys / Grados = Better Highs
Senns / Shure = Better Bass + Mids

Mar 5, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
After comparing these brands, my thesis concluded:

Ety sound = Grado sound
Shure sound = Sennheiser sound

So, according to your brand preferences, now you can choose your next canal phones.

Etys / Grados = Better Highs
Senns / Shure = Better Bass + Mids

Now I've never heard any canalphones
But word on the street is that etys sound like crap when it comes to metal.

So i'm not sure such a cut and dry conclusion, but yet again, havent heard them, could be completly off?

Mar 5, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 18
HI: What? Senns / Shure = Better Bass + Mids. I don't think there is a better headphone for mids than the Grado and with the C Pads the bass is just awesome. Every Sennheiser I ever heard was laid back, some more than others but still laid back. And I never heard a shure that had bass like a full size headphone. No offense intended but this is way off.

Mar 5, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 18
Sorry Lou, but I have to disagree with you.

Having moved away from the Grados, I can safely say that IMHO Grado midrange is too much, pushing the vocals especially, a bit too much in your face, making for an at times fatuiging listen.

I'm not saying that you're wrong... obviously if you like what you hear, then thats great
biggrin.gif
- Just giving an opinion from the other side of the fence
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: What? Senns / Shure = Better Bass + Mids. I don't think there is a better headphone for mids than the Grado and with the C Pads the bass is just awesome. Every Sennheiser I ever heard was laid back, some more than others but still laid back. And I never heard a shure that had bass like a full size headphone. No offense intended but this is way off.

No offense intended but all these, are my impressions. Thanks.

Mar 5, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by radicaltothemax

I will disagree slightly with this statement. JMO but I think the ety's and metal synergy really depends on the player. Despite all the concerns over the Karma and it's reliability, it does a great job with the ety's with metal. The eq makes it just fine IMO. Now using the ety/ipod combo(which, admittedly,I don't get to do often), I don't feel as good about it even eq'd. The thin bass is really noticed with the ipod at least to my ear. Some will argue that the bass from the karma/ety combo is artificial or boomy but I think that's a very subjective assessment. To each his own I suppose. JMO and thoughts.

Mar 5, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 18
Duncan
HI: How are you. SIR there are two new kids on the block if you will but I am afraid that you wont give them a try so you will not know what I am talking about. KID one the new and improved Grado 325i. Kid two the C Pad Beta adapter with the beyer Velor pads. This combo has a much smoother presentation with better bass,mids,highs,sound stage and awesome comfort. I stopped using Grados because of shrill highs and bad comfort and little bass. I went though a lot of different headphones and am glad to say I am back to the Grado.

Mar 5, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #10 of 18
Lou,

Funnily enough, if the SR325i retains its heritage from the original SR325 then I would envisage that that would be the only Grado that I could now listen to.

Again, I must emphasise that i'm only saying that my opinion differs to yours, and not a case of me being right, and you wrong, or anything to that effect.

I'm really glad you're enjoying your 325is
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #11 of 18
Duncan
HI: The GOLD 325i is a better 325 in that it has smoother highs but still extended. The mids are nicer sounding and the bass is better with a nice sound stage. This is Grados 50 anniversary I think and they put allot into the 325i. But that is not the end of story because I still would not want the 325i as is. With the C PAD it makes the 325i very comfortable and gives it still better bass with smoother highs and mids and a even better sound stage. I value your opinion and am not arguing or disagreeing you. But when you said you are done with the Grado as I was I just thought you might like to listen to this great combo. Maybe you have a friend that has the combo that you could try.

Mar 5, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #12 of 18
I will give it a try Lou
smily_headphones1.gif

TURBO.

Apologies for de-railing your thread

To bring it back on track, personally I am more in agreement with you than not
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
I will give it a try Lou
smily_headphones1.gif

TURBO.

Apologies for de-railing your thread

To bring it back on track, personally I am more in agreement with you than not
biggrin.gif

No prob. I've been busy with my new Ipod Shufle and my new E3C. Thanks.

Mar 5, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by radicaltothemax
Now I've never heard any canalphones

word on the street is wrong.

Mar 5, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
word on the street is wrong.

Hmmm then I guess the one thread I saw, was wrong

Hell, one day I'll listen to all of them......one day...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back