final cd player thoughts
Nov 9, 2004 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
i've ordered my axiom m3ti speakers, and the little t-amp (to start) to power them. now, all i need is a source. i'm looking for ones under $300 which basically leads me to:

nad 541i
nad 521bee

audiogon and used prices

any last thoughts before i take the plunge?

Nov 9, 2004 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 4
Why are you buying a redbook source if you are putting together the AX system? The Ax with an under $300 dac is easily better than then the 541i. I had the cdp (not the 521bee) and I would take my AX/dac/Apple Lossless rig over it any day. I would understand if you were looking for SACD (hint, look at sig). Just curious.

Nov 9, 2004 at 9:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Why are you buying a redbook source if you are putting together the AX system? The Ax with an under $300 dac is easily better than then the 541i. I had the cdp (not the 521bee) and I would take my AX/dac/Apple Lossless rig over it any day. I would understand if you were looking for SACD (hint, look at sig). Just curious.

yes, well the truth is i can't decide. i go back and forth. so i'm just trying to gather all the info i can before i take the plunge

i was also wondering about gaps between songs using itunes, and i've had others say that they prefer nad 541i to emu 1212m

then of course, i've heard the exact oposite as well from equally as many people. man, am i confused

Nov 9, 2004 at 9:03 AM Post #4 of 4
the other problem is, my computer has been tempermental, and if it dies, i won't have the money to replace it. i think you see my point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back