Final Audio Design - F4100- Impressions/Reviews
Sep 15, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #16 of 24
F4100 more energetic, F7200 very flat sounding. Depends on your liking.

A bit disappointed from the cable of the F4100. Still plenty microphonics. FAD didn't do their homework properly on these.
But still have to try wearing over ear with the provided earhooks. Can I get Linum Bax cables with right-angled MMCX? 

Still have to experiment with different tips over the weekend, but I like already what I hear with the stock tips.

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 24
I hear you, brother. Worn straight down that is one noisy cable. Worn over the ears either with or w/out earhooks is much better. I find better isolation with the silicon over the foam, simply because they can go further up the ear canal. I commented on these in the main Final Audio thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/613641/final-audio-design-impressions-and-discussion-thread/6510#post_12799026

regards,

Giles

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #18 of 24
I asked Plussound whether they have a solution, but they told me there are no right-angled MMCX connectors available on the market. 
Great, so much of the advantage of detachable cables then unless FAD starts to bring out theur own aftermarket upgrade cables...

Doing a bit of research I found out that in fact right-angled MMCX connectors are not that uncommon. Makes actually sense,
because if they were non available on the market where die FAD get them from?

So I might probably get a pair and will ask somebody to put them on a cable (can't do by myself, I have two left hands with only thumbs).

UPDATE: Null Audio confirms it is the same connector as for ATH-CK100Pro which they have avilable in their standard selection of connectors. So I will order from them. Just have to experiment a bit more whether I want memory wire for over ear wearing or without for wearing it straight down.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #20 of 24
I'd take the banana...

The two are so different, you need to be clear about what you want from your transducer, how you'll be using it, what you'll be driving it from and any other requirements you have before anyone can give you any reasonable advice. The F4100 is an iem and Sonourous III a big bulky closed headphone - the two have completely different functionality, not to mention price points - here is Australia the Sonourous is a 50% cost increase over the F4100.

More details needed for reasonable advice...

regards,

Giles

Mar 13, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #22 of 24
Are the F4100's suitable for Hip-Hop, Soul, Alt R&B? 

In short, does the bass present itself nicely?. I like pronounced bass, but not boomy. It just needs to be there and I need to FEEL it. If that makes sense? Currently have a pair of Definitive Symphony 1's and the bass for me is perfect on these. 

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #23 of 24
I mean if you really want to feel it, then no i think the F4100 are as good for you. They have a very nice sound if you listen to something like Beyonce where it is a ccombination of all of this but if you want to feel the bass then you should go for IE80 Sennheiser. 
These have even an adjustable feature and they are on sale at amazon 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back