Final Audio D8000 Pro Amp/DAC
Apr 10, 2021 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

iMemphis

Head-Fier
I am looking to upgrade my headsets from the audeze lcd-x to the D8000 Pros. Currently, I am using a Asgard 3 / Bifrost 2 Dac/Amp stack. Would this stack be enough to drive the D8000s full potential? Or would I need to do an upgrade to the stack? If I do, what would be a recommendation? (under 1500 would be nice)

Thanks

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 4
It's plenty.

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 4
The D8000 Pro isn't hard to drive at all. It's going to be more about synergy than raw power. The D8000 Pro is amazing in every category, except I think they need a bit more bass quantity, maybe 3-5 dB or so. I would pair it with a decent solid-state amp that either accentuates the low-frequencies (a Class-A amp maybe?) or has an analog bass boost.

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 4
I was going to ask this exact question. Moved to Final D8000 Pro recently and only have 100 hours on it so far. But... I will move to a Chord Hugo TT 2 soon and that only takes the supplied stock 6.3mm Jack, so no problem there.

To save the $$$ hurt, was thinking on moving on my GSX Mini , and just have the Hugo TT2. Then again, will the Hugo TT2 /GSX Mini combo be that much better and I’ll regret it....... I do think the Final is almost perfect for my needs, just a wee bit more bass punch would be nice.

That would then perhaps be Hugo TT2 > GSX Mini> and upgrade to Final Audio Silver Plated cable with XLR for the ultimate sound quality ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back