Final: 3rd Quail Group Buy.
Oct 15, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #106 of 153
*Impaitently awaits the shipping cost of his cables*

biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #107 of 153
Cords here, now time to organize. I have boxes coming in from USPS -- I've figured that the cheapest way to ship the cords is video-sized priority mail boxes for two cords or less and flat rate boxes for more than three cords. Otherwise the price would be too high going from the east coast to the west coast, certainly by priority mail. And I don't have extra boxes to send the cords by FedEx or UPS, else I'd do that.

The Canada orders do not require specific boxes, so these will go out first. Shipping will be Airmail for these. Will contact everyone for international once I have them packed up and priced.

Will post when the priority mail supplies show -- should be in the next few days.

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:04 PM Post #108 of 153
Got the second box of cords today.

I packed up the cords for the following folks and will be shipped within the hour:

dreamnid - 3 cables
zachary80 - 2 cables
fmonar - 1 cable
harkamus - 2 cables

I'm almost positive i will get grief about the weight of the boxes if i use 1st class shipping, if i'm forced to switch to priority i will do so. Hopefully I can avoid shipping priority mail since it doesn't make that much sense to send these cables as such. I'll be shipping a few more when i leave work and repeat the process tomorrow (3-4 packages for a lunchtime stroll and 3-4 when i leave for the day). If you have any q's, feel free to drop me a pm.

Gpalmer...boy, am i gonna have fun lugging your cables to the PO
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #109 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco

eek.gif
tongue.gif

Gpalmer ordered the most cables in this group buy and he also topped the order list on the last one. How many audio equipment do you really have Greg?
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #110 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
eek.gif
tongue.gif

LOL, sorry!
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
Gpalmer ordered the most cables in this group buy and he also topped the order list on the last one. How many audio equipment do you really have Greg?
biggrin.gif

Well, the problem is the count just keeps growing. To make it even tougher, I was having some problems with RFI when I added my new 24" monitor. Nasty noises in my speaker setup (and headphones), beat frequency noises from interference. I found that adding one of my Quails to the monitor quieted things somewhat, now I just to go through and do everything else! Say Bye-Bye to this shipment!
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #111 of 153
Just a quick update: The PO forced me use Priority mail since the boxes were over 13 ounces.

This is a rough estimate of how much it will cost, based on how many cables you paid for:

3 cables - 5.30 (rochester, ny)
2 cables - 6.05 (indiana)
1 cable - 3.95 (Massachusetts)
2 cables - 6.85 (Georgia)

Prices naturally fluctuate based on how far a distance the packing is going. I didn't see any use for parcel post since it was literally 10 cents cheaper. I used the automated machine to post these boxes, so i know at least one head-fier who strictly wanted 1st class mail. For that, i'll jump on line and haggle with the window person to see if they can let it by. These cables are not lightweight, they're quite heavy.

Anyway, if you have any q's, let me know!

Oh yeah: I will be pm'ing you with the actual shipping rate once i ship your box to paypal me the funds. So i'll try to get everything out by the end of work week.

Oct 17, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #113 of 153
Have the existence of any extras been established - I'd like some if possible.

Oct 17, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #114 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by Giteet
Have the existence of any extras been established - I'd like some if possible.

Yes, there are no extras, at leasst at last announcment. You might want to take a look a Jahn's sale instead.

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #115 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
ooh, ooh, I have a question, What's the cost for 16?
tongue.gif

LOL, i'll let ya know once i ship em out (probably wed or thursday).

Oct 18, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #116 of 153
All orders have been packed, and the respective buyers have been contacted.

Status is as follows:

calaf -- shipped 10/18
ken_loo -- shipped 10/18
chillysalsa -- shipped 10/18
Nospam -- shipped 10/18
jjcha -- shipped 10/18
DrOctagon -- shipped 10/18

meat01 -- shipped 10/19
Zon -- shipped 10/19
ReasonablyLucid -- shipped 10/19
SilverCans -- shipped 10/19
invicta61 -- shipped 10/19
gurus -- shipped 10/19
Publius -- shipped 10/19

aug1516 -- paid, shipping 10/20

Natsuiro -- packed, awaiting payment
orkney -- packed, awaiting payment
raiden -- packed, awaiting payment
brianknewbie -- packed, awaiting payment
ivandal -- packed, awaiting payment
stroob -- packed, awaiting payment
Soundbuff -- packed, awaiting payment

Oct 18, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #117 of 153
Question about the Quail cables. I understand they have ferrite clamps. I never understood the use of them, but I seem to recall reading that these ferrite clamps degraded sound quality and should therefore be removed. Can anyone shed some light into this matter? If that is the case, what would be the easist method to removing said clamps?

Oct 18, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #118 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Yes, there are no extras, at leasst at last announcment. You might want to take a look a Jahn's sale instead.

yep they allow you to order direct as long as you get 50 bucks worth. which works out to 9-10 cords with the cord i got, which was 2 feet longer, grey, no ferrite. no shielding? i think it does tho, there's no noise interference from what i can hear.

Oct 18, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #119 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkamus
Question about the Quail cables. I understand they have ferrite clamps. I never understood the use of them, but I seem to recall reading that these ferrite clamps degraded sound quality and should therefore be removed. Can anyone shed some light into this matter? If that is the case, what would be the easist method to removing said clamps?

No, the ferrite chokes are meant to keep high frequency interference from propogating down the cord. For instance if you look at your monitor cable from your PC, it will most likely have them. In my case I had some really nasty beat frequency interference from a new monitor I recently purchased that was causing interference with my audio gear and inserting one of them calmed it down, now if I could just get Gloco to ship the rest I'd be set
biggrin.gif
(Just kidding, just kidding, it's actually stopped the last couple days since the weather turned cold so I think someone's air conditioner was causing it. I think I have a few months to spare before it becomes a problem again ). Some folks feel the ferrite chokes constrict the highs but I haven't heard that effect from these cables on any of my gear.

Oct 18, 2005 at 8:19 AM Post #120 of 153
For the sake of reference if you do want to remove them this is an easy way.

1)Take a utility razor blade or exacto knife and cut off the rubber/plastic around the core.
2)Place it on cement.
3)Take a large hammer.
4)Hit the core really hard.

that will shatter it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back