Fill a blank wall
Sep 5, 2006 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

mb3k

1000+ Head-Fier
I've recently (well... a few months ago) painted my room walls a somewhat dark blue color. I used to have posters of cars and such but I haven't put them back up because I'm looking for something different...

What are some interesting items/decorations/random stuff you guys have on your walls?
I was thinking of getting my photographs enlarged and printed to create a personal wall of photos, but there's gotta be some more that I could do.

Sep 5, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 17
In case you haven't seen it, you can Rasterberate your image. Using the website or the standalone program, you can blow up an image and have it printed out on regular 8.5x11" sheets of paper.

An example from the site's gallery:

exih5.jpg

I first learned about it from a fellow head-fier. Pretty neat stuff.

Sep 5, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #3 of 17
Extra shelving is a good idea. Perhaps you could design a shelf system that could hold your various knick-knacks, photographs, and other things. IKEA sells some simple shelving that are basically planks of wood for that modern feel.

Sep 5, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #4 of 17
Sep 5, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
In case you haven't seen it, you can Rasterberate your image. Using the website or the standalone program, you can blow up an image and have it printed out on regular 8.5x11" sheets of paper.

An example from the site's gallery:

I first learned about it from a fellow head-fier. Pretty neat stuff.

WOw, that would be a very neat little, or shall I say large, masterpiece for the wall.

Sep 5, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #8 of 17
One of the classic moves is to put a fake window in your wall. Studio Ghibli did this for their poor windowless CG department-
cg.JPG

Sep 5, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 17
Lot's of good cheap framed art prints at overstock.com
Check the size of the item before you buy -- not always what you'd think looking at it on screen.

Sep 5, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #10 of 17
I like the rasterberate thing, really cool idea...but mb3k, is that Dilanna from Rockstar Supernova on your avatar? You seriously like her? bah...I can't stand her...

Sep 5, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #12 of 17
i drew this yesterday

maybe you could do a really big one....or just buy a poster

but you can put a bunch of crap on your wall like i do

i dropped a brand new tower of blank cds and about 30 of em shattered or cracked. i made a mirror.

Sep 5, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
If this is also the room where your rig is, you could frame some of your favorite CD covers and hang them up, that could look pretty cool.

A friend of mine got a book "the album art of blue note". Record sleeve sized, and a collection of blue note jazz label record covers. A mosaic filled 1 wall of her student room. Looks really cool.

Sep 6, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #15 of 17
Hmm, some great ideas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I like the rasterberate thing, really cool idea...but mb3k, is that Dilanna from Rockstar Supernova on your avatar? You seriously like her? bah...I can't stand her...

Yes... yes it is her. She's IMHO the best one they have - i love her voice too.
I was thinking of a Rasterbated image of her if she won.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back