File sync software for OSX?
Jan 23, 2011 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MadCow

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently using ChronoSync on my MacBook Pro.

Compared to SyncBackSE and MS SyncToy on my Windows machines, ChronoSync is very slow and starting to become very annoying. Comparing over 200,000 files takes over 2 hours even when there are no changes to synchronize. On the PC, if there are no changes both SyncBackSE and SyncToy would complete in under than 30mins, so you can see how painful this is.

So I'm looking for alternatives -- hopefully ones that can at least come close to the speed of SyncToy. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, an important feature that I need is the ability for the software to workaround some security/permission issues related to some versions of samba. Both ChronoSync and SyncBackSE have such features, in order to handle specific situations such as synching packages and read-only files, so having such workarounds is an absolute must.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 2
Chronosync is pretty much your best bet.

I think you just have to get used to the fact that software is in general shinier, easier to grasp but ultimately inferior under OS X with some very limited notable exceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back