file organizing question
May 21, 2009 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
Hey..
I have one directory in my pc which has many sub-directories that has sub directories (you get the point).
I want all the files from all the sub-directories to move to a specific location, I don't care how it will arrange because it's filled with RAR files and I just have to Ctrl+A them all and extract all.

Is there some software to do it?

May 21, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #3 of 4
We assume you are using Windows? is that right?
I don't understand well how do you like to have the files in the target directory.
If u want to have them too subcategorized in directories, then do what iriverdude says.
If u like to pass from "files in a lot of directories and subdirs" to "all archives in a root folder", then do a search in Windows, of "*.*" or "*.mp3; *.flac" or so. There will appear tons of files, and then u can select all the files from all the subdirectories and move all with cut and paste to your root destination folder.

May 22, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 4
If you mean you want to move the files without copying the directory structure, just search the directory and move everything but the folders to the new destination. That way all the files should be under the new single directory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back