File Organization on Ipod or Zen
Jun 26, 2003 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MaxHeifetz

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have heard that the IPod and Zen uses ID3 tags to organize songs, however I have not heard how the IPod and Zen organizes albums. I am used to the "windows explorer" type organization of the IRiver players and am worried that either the IPod or the Zen would only put emphasis on organizing single songs and have a hard time dealing with file folders or albums. Can someone please clarify how the albums are organized on either? Thanks a lot.

Jun 26, 2003 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 2
Do you mean on the iPod or Zen or on your desktop using the players software? I'm guessing the former. The ID3 tags are equally weighted for both songs, albums, others on the iPod. So you can go browse>artists/albums/songs/genres/composers>individuals listings by above catagory. I work almost exclusively with albums. I found navigation much better on the iPod, than my original NJB, but that may have changed in the last two versions and how PlayCenter/Notmad transfers the files over. Either way I don't think you have much to worry about with album organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back